Where to buy kosher salt and vital wheat gluten ?

svx1, Jul 3, 1:37am
Hi there does anyone know where to buy these from as I have checked online and some of my favourite food places but I have been unable to locate cheers

bernice1, Jul 3, 4:39am
Kosher salt is plain salt. The term "kosher salt" derives not from its being made in accordance with the guidelines for kosher foods as written in the Torah (nearly all salt is kosher, including ordinary table salt), but rather due to its use in making meats kosher, by helping to extract the blood from the meat. Rather than cubic crystals, kosher salt has a flat platelet shape. Because kosher salt grains are larger than regular table salt grains, when meats are coated in kosher salt the salt does not dissolve readily; the salt remains on the surface of the meat longer to draw fluids out of the meat.

bernice1, Jul 3, 4:42am
Vital Wheat Gluten is aka gluten flour available at most supermarkets. Gluten is the natural protein portion of the grain and is separated from whole wheat with pure water. It is responsible for the stretchiness of dough and for the shapes that baked goods hold. That is why it is the secret ingredient of professional bakers who use it for producing doughs, breads, rolls, and pastries.

svx1, Sep 26, 2:46am
Thankyou bernice for the above info on both items. Where in the supermarket would you find the aka gluten along where the flours etc are? Also I would like to try the kosher salt where to buy cheers