Small melt'n'mix cake recipes please

queenmaeb, Jun 30, 2:42am
Hi. I have a small oven and are looking for small ( can fit in a loaf tin) melt and mix cake recipes to pop in the oven when theres a casserole in.

I have the New World Chocolate mint Mud cake recipe that came in their mailer. Looking for a couple more to expand my menu.

Thanks for any help you can give.

P. S. tried a couple of the internet and they were disasters - I'd like your tried and true favourites please.

cookessentials, Jun 30, 2:44am
I shall bump the "Cakes" thread for you as there are a couple of melt n mix recipes on there, including the melt n mix coffee cake which is really nice.

2halls, Jun 30, 2:51am
Any muffin recipes you like can be made in a loaf tin. What flavours do you like ? Apple ? Chocolate ? Nuts ? Coffee ? ...

kay141, Jun 30, 2:54am
Hi queenmaeb, I'd love the Chocolate Mint Mud cake recipe. Looks like you get different mailers to us.

queenmaeb, Jun 30, 3:41am
x1
Chocolate Mint Mud Cake

1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 cup cold water
3 teaspoons peppermint essence
2 teaspoon vinegar

Preheat oven 190 C. Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together in seperate bowl. Pour wet into dry and gently mix. Pour into loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
Can be iced or drizzled with melted chocolate when cool.

queenmaeb, Jun 30, 3:43am
x1
Thanks for everyone's replies. I hadn't thought about muffin recipes - I have several books of those! Off to read the melt n mix coffee cake.

kay141, Jun 30, 3:44am
Thanks very much. I'm a great fan of dark chocolate and peppermint combined.

queenmaeb, Jun 30, 3:46am
Most welcome kay141. Coffee cake now printed -thank you! !

jaybee2003, Jun 30, 4:10am
One I used to make as a young child.
WONDER CAKE :1 C flour, 2 tsp baking powder, pinch salt, 1 C sugar, 2 T melted butter, 2 eggs, milk. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Melt butter in a cup. Add egg to the cup and full up with milk. Pour onto dry ingredients and beat for 5 minutes. Bake in a moderate oven for 30 mins. Variations: Chocolate, Coffee, Orange, Marble, add frozen blackberries, grated apple and cinnamon etc.

hezwez, Jun 30, 7:06am
Delicious recipe at post #5 thanks queenmaeb. and easy. Made a scrummy dessert.

queenmaeb, Sep 21, 7:15pm
Most welcome - we had it for dessert last night warm with vanilla ice cream.