Pavlova..... icing sugar, one.

Page 1 / 3
pickles7, Oct 13, 4:57am
Beat
6 egg whites, 3 Cups Icing Sugar, 2 teaspoons Cornflour, 2 teaspoons White Vinegar, ... . . add 2 Tablespoons Boiling water... ... Beat until thick and smooth ... ... approx 15 mins... ... , Pile onto a baking Paper lined oven tray ... ... . . Cook for 5 minutes at 200 degrees C, then turn down and cook a further 1 1/2 hours at 100 degrees C. (Leave in oven to cool)enjoy

pickles7, Oct 16, 5:34am
try this one, it is huge.

marcs, Oct 24, 2:30pm
you can replace the icing sugar with 1 & 1/4 c castor sugar. Just use the same method. It works and I find the taste is a lot nicer. The sugar dissolves too.

pickles7, Dec 24, 2:48am
any last minute pav makers? ? ?
I usually put 1 tsp vanilla in this pav.

tats63, Dec 24, 3:12am
x1
ha ha wish I'd seen this earlier. My pav is very flat AGAIN! ! ! So annoying! ! ! So with this you just throw everything in at the same time?

tats63, Dec 24, 3:15am
And I was soooooooooo excited because this year I got to use my Kenwood mixer instead of beating with a hand mixer (not electric) and it's still flat! ! ! ! !

rebecca12, Dec 24, 3:17am
Wow tats63, you have been making pav's by without an electric mixer. :)

tats63, Dec 24, 3:20am
Correction . . I have been trying to make pavs without an electric mixer and they failed miserably. Flat and very leaky! !

marcs, Dec 24, 6:35am
tats I make this all the time. Just make sure that your water is boiling hot and as a rule I make sure I beat the mixture for 2 or 3 minutes before adding the hot water. Make sure you beat it for 15 minutes on almost full speed. Pile up high. Mine has not failed yet and I have even made the same recipe with castor sugar the same way and it is still perfect. It cracks however but does not go flat.

harrislucinda, Dec 24, 6:38am
madethistodayisabitflatbutthenididntpilehighandwhitesdidnotfluffupthatgoodfor6whitesbutwithcreamon andstrawberrieswillgeteaten

marcs, Dec 24, 6:43am
May be the eggs need to be fresh. I guess mine always are because they don't last long enough. I really just let my Kenwood rip when I am doing this for 15 minutes.

pickles7, Dec 24, 8:32am
mine is huge. . All in the kenwood , 15 minutes. just turned off the oven...

harrislucinda, Dec 24, 8:53am
my eggs fresh, at roomtemp, ashave my own chooks

baznmiss, Dec 24, 8:46pm
Just made this... . . incredible, Thank you for sharing. Merry Xmas to everyone.

akd100, Dec 24, 9:51pm
I use a hand beater (thats all I've got) and mine are always fine.

griffo4, Jun 26, 9:03pm
l found this recipe on another thread a while ago and copied it out and l made it for pudding last night and it was so easy to make, chuck everything in a turn on high and walk away, my type of recipe, lol
it was lovely everyone commented on it
Thanks for sharing it pickles

tinkagirl, Jun 26, 9:24pm
The trick is all in the beating, you must beat on high for a min of 10 minutes and add the sugar slowly not all at once, this helps to disolve it too... mine have never failed yet.

griffo4, Jun 26, 11:38pm
tinkagirl l have done the usual pav recipes and added the sugar spoonful by spoonful but this one you put everything in and it does work and it was nice and thick and worked well just like the usual one l make but without me standing over it

tinky_winky, Jun 27, 8:36pm
i have never been able to make a good pav but made this yesterday and it works thanks.

griffo4, Jun 27, 10:02pm
l found that when my egg whites didn't fluff up it was because there was some oily film still in my mixing bowl so now before l do egg whites l cut a lemon and rub all over the bowl and then wash out with hot water and l have never had any problems with them not fluffing up well
l use old eggs or l have even robbed the hens and they have all worked well as long as my bowl is clean

pickles7, Jun 28, 2:45am
Why stand over the mixer, that is where you can make that bored decision to cut the mixer off too soon

With this recipe, the viegar, corn flour, and icing sugar goes in at the start
so simple, once the boiling water goes in , set the timer for 15 minutes. . It has never let me down.

pickles7, Jun 28, 4:38am
. .

pickles7, Oct 13, 4:57am
Beat
6 egg whites, 3 Cups Icing Sugar, 2 teaspoons Cornflour, 2 teaspoons White Vinegar, ..... add 2 Tablespoons Boiling water......Beat until thick and smooth ......approx 15 mins......, Pile onto a baking Paper lined oven tray ........Cook for 5 minutes at 200 degrees C, then turn down and cook a further 1 1/2 hours at 100 degrees C. (Leave in oven to cool)enjoy

pickles7, Oct 16, 5:34am
try this one, it is huge.

marcs, Oct 24, 2:30pm
you can replace the icing sugar with 1 & 1/4 c castor sugar. Just use the same method. It works and I find the taste is a lot nicer. The sugar dissolves too.