Wanting a melt in the mouth pork strips

cherie19, Jun 25, 10:57pm
x1
recipe please. Pref one you bake in the oven casserole style or similar and using simple ingredients too. Many thanks

margyr, Jun 25, 11:46pm
x1
honey, brown sugar, sweet chilli sauce or tomato, minced garlic, soy sauce a little bit of hot water mix all together, put pork strips in so they are coated well, into oven tray pour over any left over marinade and cook at about 150 till yummy, you will need to turn them over a few times.

cherie19, Jun 26, 12:41am
Thankyou margyr. I will be trying this for tea tonight!

margyr, Jun 26, 12:48am
the longer you cook them the yummier they will get, melt in ya mouth!

julzienz, Jun 26, 12:10pm
Brown the pork in a frying pan, and then place in a casserole dish. On top of this, add one sliced onion, a sliced green pepper and top with a can of crushed pineapple. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cook low and slow with a top on. Serve with rice. YUM

marcs, Jun 26, 12:54pm
Pork Belly spare ribs with honey soy and ginger. I use pork strips as well for this.

6 Pork belly ribs
1 large brown onion cut in half and sliced
4 cm piece ginger – rough match stick slice. No need to peel.
2 large red chilles – sliced at an angle (use one as too hot for the kids and deseed it)
4 cloves garlic smashed and skin removed
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp dried chilli flakes(unless you like it really spicy, don't use this)
1&1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
1 cup water
1 cup Chinese cooking wine
100ml oyster sauce
4 tbs soy sauce
4 tbs honey.

Put everything in a oven proof pot and bring to a boil on the stove. Remove from heat and put in the oven to bake for one and half hours at 170c.

Remove meat from pot. Skim off the fat and on high heat reduce the sauce by a 1/3. Pour over the meat and serve.

rog.e, Jun 26, 1:04pm
OH that does sound delicious marcs. Thanks for the recipe - I will be using it.
V

campmum, Jun 26, 7:04pm
SPICY APRICOT PORK Strips From AWW
Delicious & Easy!
1 kg Pork Spareribs
500ml Apricot Nectar
½ cup white vinegar
2 tsp corn flour
2 tsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, bruised
2 tsp grated green ginger
1 tbsp mild chilli sauce

Place ribs in large pot, cover with water & add vinegar. Bring to boil uncovered for 15 mins, drain & rinse under cold water. Place ribs in roasting dish. Blend all other ingredients & pour over ribs. Bake uncovered in moderate oven for 1 hour.
Baste a few times while cooking. Serve with fried rice.

tarshlove, Mar 3, 5:44am
Spicy pork spare ribs
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:50 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
* 125ml (1/2 cup) honey
* 80ml (1/3 cup) tomato sauce
* 60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
* 2 tbs hoisin sauce
* 3 garlic cloves, crushed
* 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
* 1 tbs olive oil
* 1-1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
* 8 (about 1.2kg) pork spare rib rashes
* Vegetable oil, to grease
* Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
* Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Method:
1.Combine the honey, tomato sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, oil and chilli powder in a small bowl.
2.Place ribs in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish and pour over the honey mixture. Turn the ribs to evenly coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge, turning occasionally, for 6 hours or overnight to develop the flavours.
3.Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a baking dish with foil and pour enough water over the base to cover (this helps prevent excess marinade from smoking). Brush a wire rack with oil to lightly grease and place in the baking dish over the water. Remove the ribs from the marinade and arrange, in a single layer, on the wire rack. Reserve marinade.
4.Place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
5.Meanwhile, bake the ribs in preheated oven, turning and basting occasionally with the marinade, for 40-50 minutes or until ribs are golden brown and sticky. Remove the ribs from oven.
6.Divide the rice among serving plates. Top with spicy pork spare ribs and serve immediately with mixed salad leaves.

torichic, Mar 4, 4:22am
hi,,maggi cook in the pot-*pork hawaian* is nice,,all you add is capsicum,pineapple pieces and mix the juice with the pork hawaian mix and throw in casserole dishin the oven,,i leave it in longer than it states so its melt in yr mouthmaterial!!!

jayc14, Mar 4, 8:07am
Slightly flatten, dip in egg and then panko crumbs and bake in oven, delishus

torichic, Mar 5, 4:22am
hi,,maggi cook in the pot-*pork hawaian* is nice,,all you add is capsicum,pineapple pieces and mix the juice with the pork hawaian mix and throw in casserole dishin the oven,,i leave it in longer than it states so its melt in yr mouthmaterial!

earthangel4, Mar 5, 6:42am
yum,I did this one the other day,except I put it in my slow cooker,was so yum.

cherie19, Jun 26, 10:57pm
recipe please. Pref one you bake in the oven casserole style or similar and using simple ingredients too. Many thanks

margyr, Jun 26, 11:46pm
honey, brown sugar, sweet chilli sauce or tomato, minced garlic, soy sauce a little bit of hot water mix all together, put pork strips in so they are coated well, into oven tray pour over any left over marinade and cook at about 150 till yummy, you will need to turn them over a few times.

cherie19, Jun 27, 12:41am
Thankyou margyr. I will be trying this for tea tonight!

margyr, Jun 27, 12:48am
the longer you cook them the yummier they will get, melt in ya mouth!

julzienz, Jun 27, 12:10pm
Brown the pork in a frying pan, and then place in a casserole dish. On top of this, add one sliced onion, a sliced green pepper and top with a can of crushed pineapple. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cook low and slow with a top on. Serve with rice. YUM

marcs, Jun 27, 12:54pm
Pork Belly spare ribs with honey soy and ginger. I use pork strips as well for this.

6 Pork belly ribs
1 large brown onion cut in half and sliced
4 cm piece ginger – rough match stick slice. No need to peel.
2 large red chilles – sliced at an angle (use one as too hot for the kids and deseed it)
4 cloves garlic smashed and skin removed
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp dried chilli flakes(unless you like it really spicy, don't use this)
1&1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
1 cup water
1 cup Chinese cooking wine
100ml oyster sauce
4 tbs soy sauce
4 tbs honey.

Put everything in a oven proof pot and bring to a boil on the stove. Remove from heat and put in the oven to bake for one and half hours at 170c.

Remove meat from pot. Skim off the fat and on high heat reduce the sauce by a 1/3. Pour over the meat and serve.

rog.e, Jun 27, 1:04pm
OH that does sound delicious marcs. Thanks for the recipe - I will be using it.
V

campmum, Jun 27, 7:04pm
SPICY APRICOT PORK Strips From AWW
Delicious & Easy!
1 kg Pork Spareribs
500ml Apricot Nectar
½ cup white vinegar
2 tsp corn flour
2 tsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, bruised
2 tsp grated green ginger
1 tbsp mild chilli sauce

Place ribs in large pot, cover with water & add vinegar. Bring to boil uncovered for 15 mins, drain & rinse under cold water. Place ribs in roasting dish. Blend all other ingredients & pour over ribs. Bake uncovered in moderate oven for 1 hour.
Baste a few times while cooking. Serve with fried rice.