Baking recipes using weetbix ...

Page 2 / 2
jwatson, Jun 25, 9:59am
Thanks so much everyone, I'll try the recipes out in the holidays!

cap, Jun 25, 10:47am
I've made the one Bcnd posted at #2 quite a bit and it is fab.That recipe is from the Sanitarium website and they have some good ones on there including a very nice healthy muffin recipe.

jwatson, Jun 26, 3:35am
I have got 1/2 a box of weetbix to use up as the family aren't eating it, but here's my problem . they don't like it lol.I need to find some baking recipes that can use the rest of the box up, but the baking can't taste like weetbix or they won't eat it.Has anyone got any yummy baking recipes that includes weetbix, but doesn't taste like it! lol

bcnd, Jun 26, 3:50am
This is nice. Someone else posted it a while back. It doesn't taste like weetbix at all.

Weet-Bix & Apricot Bar

4 Sanitarium Weet-Bix, crushed
1 cup Sanitarium Ricies
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup chopped apricots
½ cup coconut
½ cup raw sugar
½ cup honey
½ cup Sanitarium Crunchy Peanut Butter
125g margarine
1. Combine Weet-Bix, Ricies, rolled oats, apricots and coconut in a mixing bowl.
2. Place sugar, honey, Peanut Butter and margarine in a saucepan and bring to
boil. Simmer continuously for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well. Press into a
17cm x 25cm lined dish and refrigerate to set

twinsforus, Jun 26, 8:44am
This is the weetbix loaf recipe I use.

4 crumbed weet bix
1 cup sugar
1 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped if bigger then raisins (our fav is apricots)
30 grams butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup boiling water
1 egg, beaten
1 cup self-raising flour (if using plain flour add 1 teaspoon of baking powder)

Put first 5 ingredients into a bowl and cover with the boiling water, stand for 5 minutes. (Don’t drain any water off)
Add egg and flour mixing well, bake in a greased and lined loaf tin at 180 degree C for 40 minutes (do the skewer test as mine actually takes almost an hour, depends on oven)
Cool in tin.
*Plus this is really popular in my house.
Weetbix slice

150g butter
1 c flour
5 crushed weetbix
2 T cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 t vanilla (optional)
Melt butter, pour over dry ingreds.
Press into a slice tin. bake at 180 for 15 or so mins (until it isn't really squishy, but not till it is too hard as is hardens up a bit on cooling)
Ice it with chocolate icing while it is hot (I press it down slightly with my oven mitts first) then cut when cold.

jwatson, Jun 26, 9:59am
Thanks so much everyone, I'll try the recipes out in the holidays!

cap, Jun 26, 10:47am
I've made the one Bcnd posted at #2 quite a bit and it is fab.That recipe is from the Sanitarium website and they have some good ones on there including a very nice healthy muffin recipe.

catsmeat1, Aug 6, 12:41am
Thanks twinsfor us, this weetbix loaf is lovely.I find it very moist and it definitely needs the full hour plus another five mins, Our favourite is half a cup sultanas and half a cup dried figs.
Cheers

sherrie, Aug 9, 9:52pm
Thanks for the great receipe twinsforus.I made the loaf receipe and it was all eaten a 1 day.I made mine with Dates and Sultanas.It was so yummy and really easy to make!

h2gobaby, Aug 29, 2:38am
have just made twinfor us loaf recipe, in the oven now. not too sure how its going to turn out though!

kiwibubbles, Aug 29, 3:20am
There is a delicious weetbix caramel slice. Need condensed milk for it but man is it deliucous! lol

bev00, Aug 29, 11:35am
gotta use up all the weetbix bought for the kids collecting AB cards

pamellie, Aug 29, 7:52pm
Chocolate Crunch

1 cup crushed weetbix
1 cup coconut
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g melted butter

Add melted butter and essence to dry ingredients.
Bake 20 minutes at 180c.
Ice with chocolate and coconut icing when hot. Cut when cold

oulaya, Aug 30, 4:17am
Weetbix De Luxe.
3 weetbix
1 cup flour
1 cup coconut
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder, 125grm melted butter, 400grm can sweetened condensed milk, 1 and 1/2 tablespoon golden syrup, chocolate icing.
Place all dry ingredients in bowl. Mix in melted butter and press into a sponge roll tin. cook in 350F (180C) for 15 minutes.
Stir condensed milk, 2nd lot of butter, golden syrup together in a pot until blended. Pour onto base and return for 3 minutes. Ice while still warm with the chocolate icing.

oulaya, Aug 30, 4:19am
*return to oven for 3 minutes

carlos57, Aug 30, 4:42am
I make the Edmonds Afghan recipe with Weetbix instead of cornflakes. We now prefer it that way :)

elhers, Aug 30, 6:07am
Thanks for all the ideas, first time on this site and have been hugly inspired, I made num #2 by bcnd while cooking dinner and I never do that so a big thanks to you all. Hubby will be pleased.

bekspaul, Aug 30, 9:41am
i made this in the weekend and it was yummy http://www.nourishmagazine.co.nz/28/divine-marshmallow-slice/

jaybee6, Sep 2, 11:23pm
oulaya where is the second lot of butter lol or am I missing something. Cheers.

muddler, Sep 2, 11:29pm
2nd lot of butter is a Tablespoon, and in my recipe i use half a tin of condensed milk, not a whole one. and often the lite tinned option.

jaybee6, Sep 2, 11:51pm
Thank you muddler.

breena, Sep 3, 10:58am
I use Weetbix in Afghans instead of cornflakes .

claudds, Sep 10, 9:04pm
allsounddelish.quickandeasy.yum.

kiwiscrapper1, Sep 11, 12:06am
Wish I had found this thread yesterday! I too had 1/2 pack when cleaning out the pantry so poured milk over it to soften and feed to the chooks!