Cookie mix using can of condensed milk...

neil_di, Jun 25, 1:08am
Ages ago a recipe was posted for a biscuit mix that you could make and freeze. I made it and it was really yum and versatile but silly me have lost the recipe. . terribly unhealthy . . I think it had a can of CM and a pkt of butter but it madea huge quantity. . it was so handy to have rools of it in the freezer. Hope someone can help me . TIA

cap, Jun 25, 1:29am
This recipe is called Highlander Milk Biscuits and it's from an old "Every Girls Rally" cookbook. My mum used to make these and I have made them once and they do make a lot!

500g/ 1 lb Butter
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon salt
Vanilla
1 cup sugar
6 teaspoons baking powder
6 cups flour

Cream butter, sugar, cond milk. Add dry ingredients. Roll in to balls and flatten with fork. Bake moderate oven 12 minutes. These freeze well and thaw quickly. Can also add chocolate chips, milo, peanuts, cocoa and my fave when we were kids - jelly chrystals!

fifie, Jun 25, 1:29am
Neil di maybe its this one, Highlander Biscuits From T/M Poster unknown. .
500g [1 lb ] butter, 1 tin condensed milk, 1 tsp salt, vanilla, 2 cups sugar, 6 tsp Baking Powder, 6 cups flour [1kg]a little more if add egg to recipe to make creamier. Cream butter, sugar& cond milk [&egg]. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Rol into balls and flatten with fork. [I make a sausage and slice, then prick with a fork] Bake mod oven 12 minutes. Freeze well and thaw quickly. Can divide and make different flavours. eg choc chips, cocoa, bournvita, peanuts, almond essence, lemon juice and peel, sultanas, weetbix, ricies etc. ,

cap, Jun 25, 1:31am
Hmm - same as mine but double amount of sugar. I haven't made them for so long that I can't comment on the sweetness.

uli, Jun 25, 4:30am
Double amount of sugar must make them doubly nice - don't you think?

neil_di, Sep 5, 12:40pm
just waded through the "I've just done the weeks baking" and found the one I was looking for. Here it is I have this one... Block of butter(room temp)
tin of condensed milk
3-4 cups of SR flour

Mix in mixmaster until 'biscuit' dough consistency... you may need more or less flour.
refrigerate and then form into logs. Wrap in clingwrap and put extras in freezer.
Take out a log (thaw if necessary) heat oven to 200c. Slice thin slices (5-7mm) off the log and place on tray on baking paper
Cook until lightly brown and crisp.
Add interesting things like, choc chips, cocoa, cinnamon and spices, dust with coffee crystals, make jam drops. sandwich with icing etc etc. really light biscuits. Thank you all for your suggestions.