Looking 4 a recipe fm Joan Bishop's NZ Crockpot

gemini007, Jun 24, 12:20am
and Slow Cooker Cookbook - please - its for a peanut chicken curry - I only know that it has soy sauce, peanut butter and of course chicken in it - if anyone has it and can be bothered posting it for me I would be eternally grateful. Thanks

cottagerose, Jun 24, 2:00am
I have her book but cant find any chicken recipe with peanut butter in.
There is curried chicken in coconut cream, Hungarian chicken. (That has soya sauce but not curry) andchicken and courgette casserole(no curry)
Could it be one of those

gemini007, Jun 24, 2:08am
No, it definitely had peanut butter in it - perhaps it was from an older version than you have - thanks anyway!

camrob, Jun 24, 2:14am
Buy a jar of Satay Sauce, thin it down a bit with chicken stock, then add that and the chicken pieces to the slow cooker. It may be quite nice. I would take the skin off (too much fat) and sear the pieces in a hot pan first.

malcovy, Jun 24, 2:20am
I have an older version of the book and there is not chicken recipe with Peanut Butter. There is a recipe for sesame chicken as well as all the ones Cottagerose has put. I have gone through the whole book for you, no peanut butter.

245sam, Jun 24, 2:38am
I believe that the requested recipe is in Joan's very latest (new) book which I have not yet seen as the recipe is not in either of the two books that I have nor is it in another of Joan's books that my daughter has. :-))

griffo4, Jun 24, 2:50am
l see one in her new book called chicken peanut curry and it has 1/4 cup peanut will post later after milking if you want it

gemini007, Jun 24, 4:23am
Oh - yes please griffo4 - thank you, thank you - I had it at a friends last week, but forgot to write it out while I was there and she's in the middle of moving atm so god knows when I'd get it, but it's delicious and my kids would love it too. Thanks to everyone who replied.

griffo4, Jun 24, 7:50am
Chicken Peanut Curry

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs 1kg
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons mild curry powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/2 cup chicken stock
fresh coriander or parsley chopped

Crockpot low for 5-6hrs, high for 3-3 1/2hrs
Slow cooker low for 4 1/2-5 1/2hrs, high for 2 1/2-3hrs

Turn the slow cooker to the setting you intend to cook on

Trim excess fat from chicken. Cut chicken thighs in half and toss with flour in a plastic bag. Shake off any excess

Combine peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, curry powder, paprika, corainder and ginger in the slow cooker and stir to mix
As the slow cooker heats up, the peanut butter will soften and all the sauce ingredients can be mixed together smoothly

Add the chicken stock and stir well

Add the chicken and stir to combine

Cover with the lid and cook according to the times and settings specified above

Serve with rice or couscous, garnished with coriander or parlsey

Hope this is the one you were wanting

gemini007, Jun 24, 9:09am
You are a star griffo4! I do think it's the one as I remember thinking I have all those ingredients in the pantry - I'm gonna make it this weekend as we have a busy one - awesome - thanks again!

griffo4, Jun 25, 12:03am
gemini007 glad to help l will have to try it out when l get some peanut butter

jrxxxx, Jun 29, 7:12pm
Thanks to griffo4 for posting the recipe for chicken peanut curry. Made it on Monday & had enough left over for dinner last night. A delicious, spicy & very tasty meal.

griffo4, Jul 3, 8:20am
l made this tonight and it is really nice
l would not have looked at it normally but after posting it and getting the feedback l thought l would try it and l will make it again
Thanks for asking for it gemini007

gemini007, Jul 3, 10:41am
Ha - funny after tracking this recipe down - I made it the other night - I liked and hubby liked it and the kids were like " we like the curries daddy does better " - the ones he makes up as he goes along and can never reproduce. Oh well - I guess I'll just have to let him cook!

sleyle, Jul 4, 6:46am
Yummm, this sounds lovely, I must try it. Thanks :-)

shazza477, Jul 5, 2:57am
what is the difference between the slow cooker and the crockpot. . as it has different times for either

cookessentials, Jul 5, 3:11am
nothing as far as i am aware.

trah, Jul 8, 10:33pm
Had this for dinner last night and it is fab. Will definately be doing it again.

red2, Sep 6, 1:04am
good recipe - bumped for you

darlingmole, Sep 8, 8:19am
Personally I'd add a tin of coconut cream/milk to the recipe ... sod diets~!And also some chili ... love a bit of heat to the curry :-)

pokemon23, Jun 13, 3:35am
Just prepared this a while ago and have it on high cooking for tonight :) Hope it's really yummy... smells good so far!