Using up choice Rasberry Jam

rog.e, Nov 4, 12:35am
Got given a freebie jar of Rose's Tradition Raspberry Conserve. All I can think of to use it up is to make some jam tarts with whippedcream on top. Any other ideas? Is it used in Louise Cake? If it's as good tasting as Rose's Lime Marmalade then I will be very happy. V

2bakerz, Nov 4, 12:38am
Superb in Louise Cake! ! Some lovely jam tarts, too - what time's morning tea tomorrow? ?

rog.e, Nov 4, 12:41am
lol - sounds delicious eh!

bisloy, Nov 4, 12:46am
My family love a dob of jam cooked on top of muffins.

2bakerz, Nov 4, 1:01am
Gosh rog. e I didn't realise we both live in Thames when I suggested the morning tea! !

rog.e, Nov 4, 1:04am
So we do! I am not making themuintil a lot nearer Christmas. In the meantime I can look at the jar and drool. V

elliehen, Nov 4, 1:16am
Raspberries and chocolate belong together. Split a chocolate cake in half, spread middle with raspberry jam and then dust top with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream. No need to ice.

elliehen, Nov 4, 1:21am
Alison Holst has a Double Chocolate Surprise Muffin recipe with raspberry jam in the middle: Page 37 of More Marvellous Muffins

indy95, Nov 4, 4:13am
Why, oh why did I have to start reading this thread ? I had forgotten about chocolate and raspberries going so well together until I got to the posting about chocolate cake with raspberry jam in the middle and now have to resist the urge to start baking.

spot20, Nov 4, 5:11am
Same here Indy - sounds sooo good- I sense a treat coming up! !

pam.delilah, Nov 4, 6:45am
Raspberry slice.

250gm butter, 1/2 c sugar- cream together and add 1 egg. Add 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp BP Mix to a stiff dough Place a large piece of baking paper on the bench and put the blob of dough in the middle, put another piece of paper on the top and use a rolling pin to roll into a large rectangle so that the dough is about 3mm thick. Take top paper off and spread raspberry jam over half the dough and fold over the other half like a sandwich. Press down edges. Slide the whole thing (paper and all) onto an oven tray, this way there is no messy bench with flour on it from rolling out... lol. bake at 150c for about 25 mins or until lighlty golden. When cold ice with icing made with icing sugar, water and raspberry essence And then cut into sqs
Or can use short crust pastry.

pam.delilah, Nov 4, 6:46am
Raspberry Crumble SLICE

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raspberry jam

Heat the oven to 375° F. Grease a 9-inch square pan with butter or cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until they're well blended. Add the flour and salt and beat just until the dough forms clumps. Don't overmix. Lightly flour your hands, then place the dough on a piece of waxed paper and squeeze it into a ball (the warmth of your hands will soften the dough enough to hold it together).
Divide the dough into thirds. Crumble one third into a bowl and set it aside. Press the remaining 2 thirds evenly into the greased pan using the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake it on the center oven rack until the edges are lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
Set the pan on a wire rack. While the shortbread cools, mix the oats and nuts into the reserved dough with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly.
Spread the raspberry jam on the cooled shortbread (it's okay if it's still warm), then evenly cover the jam with the crumb topping. Bake the bars until the topping is golden brown, about 24 minutes, then return the pan to the wire rack. While the shortbread is still slightly warm, cut it into 16 squares, then cut each square in half diagonally. Once the triangles cool completely (they are very fragile while warm), lift them from the pan with a spatula. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

boxsters3, Nov 4, 11:31pm
Chocoholic choccie cake/Anchor Chocolate Cake

125 g butter, softened
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 Eggs
1 tspn Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup Raspberry Jam
1 &1/4 cups flour
1 tspn Baking Powder
1/2 cup Cocoa
1 tspn Baking Soda
1 cup Milk, warmed
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips

Grease & line a 22cm round cake tin.
Preheat oven to 180C.

Cream butter & sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
Beat in vanilla essence & jam. Sift flour, baking powder & cocoa.
Dissolve soda in milk.
Fold dry ingredients & milk alternately into butter mixture.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon into tin. Bake at 180C (350F) for 45 minutes.
When cold, spread with chocolate icing.
Source: Anchor Butter wrapper

barloo, Jun 22, 10:56pm
bumping along!

greerg, Aug 29, 9:08am
Accidentally put raspberrry jam in the middle of a banana cake the other day (mind out to lunch thought it was chocolate) and the kids now insist that it becomes a permanent recipe change.