Roll out Biscuits

julz29, Jun 21, 11:10pm
Hi i would like a recipe for a nice tasty recipe for biscuits that you roll out an cut into shapes, an also how long do they last for

chrys3, Dec 21, 11:46pm
Bumping, please as I have two little children waiting next to me to bake yummy biscuits for santa. Tia

juliewn, Dec 21, 11:59pm
Hi.. you could use a gingerbread man/woman/person recipe.. if you type gingerbread into the left search bar, and change the last 24 hours to anytime, by clicking on the little blue arrow, then search, a recipe will come up..

Once baked, they'll keep at least several days, or you could freeze some and keep some for eating..

A Bran Biscuit recipe (there's a good one in the Edmonds book) would also work..

Have fun together.. you'll have happy children working with you.. isn't it lovely how kids love helping to cook :-)

susieq9, Dec 22, 12:00am
Shortbread would be good for this.

chrys3, Dec 22, 12:08am
Thanks guys, I found one... two very excited children waiting for the dough to relax in the fridge for 30 mins lol.Have a Merry Xmas.

goldgurl_design, Dec 22, 1:10am
What recipe did you use Shrys?Care to share? please...

pickles7, Nov 30, 10:59am
Shortbread .....Large lot.
cream 500 grams of butter with 250 grams of icing sugar 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt. add 750 grams sifted flour in 3 lots. You can roll and cut into shapes, or I prefer to make cylinders of the mix, wrap in glad wrap, chill in fridge, and slice 1cm thick. put on tray and stamp with a floured pototoe masher, leaves a nice pattern. 150 deg c, untill cooked. Nice and keeps well.