Biscuit Recipe with no butter or oil?

donna139, Jun 21, 10:44pm
Does anyone have a biscuit or slice recipe I could make with no butter or oil please?

mber2, Jun 22, 3:47am
good luck, i hope that you well find them

tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 22, 3:49am
hope someone has a recipe for this. definitely would be a must have for the recipe book. good luck

indy95, Jun 22, 3:54am
I am checking through my collection for you donna139, but in the meantime perhaps you could try Google ?

Are you trying to avoid all fats or just butter and oil ?

frances1266, Jun 22, 3:57am
I am not positive but I seem to recall the Pritikin diet that was around a few years ago was oil free. I think they used apple sauce instead of oil. Someone may have one of the books around.
Also Dr John McDougall's website will have some recipes as will Notes from the Vegan Feast Kitchen which is Bryanna Clark Grogan's site.
She follows the McDougall diet so they will be fat free.

245sam, Jun 22, 3:58am
donna139, is the reason for your "no butter or oil" request because you don't wish to/can't use butter or oil, or that you don't have any of either available to use for baking. If it's the latter then this recipe may help, although if it's the first of my suggested reasons then IMO this recipe will almost definitely not be of use to you... . .

From:-http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=615
and with thanks to TM's winnie 231... . .

"Peanut butter & Chocolate chip Biscuits
1cup peanutbutter, 3/4cup castor sugar, 1 egg-beaten, 3/4cup chocolate chips... . Beat peanutbutter & sugar together in a bowl. Mix in the beaten egg. Stir in the choc chips - the mixture will be quite stiff. Roll into balls & place on an oventray lined with baking paper. Flatten with a fork. Bake in a preheated oven 180C for about 15min or until golden... . That's it & no - there's no flour in this recipe. Yummy! ! ! ":-))

donna139, Aug 28, 5:08pm
The only reason I want a recipe with no butter or oil is because I have run out of butter and oil. However, I am getting the groceries this morning so will buy plenty of butter and oil. I will try that Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Biscuit recipe because it looks delicious. Thanks :)