Making Chilli

oli3, Jun 21, 8:48am
I'm going to make chilli tomorrow night, which we all love, but sometimes it seems a bit same old same old, so how do the rest of you make your chilli? My usual recipe is very basic:
mince, tinned toms, tinned chilli beans, maybe some tomato paste, I serve it with jasmine rice, sour cream, cheese, sometimes guacamole (homemade), the adults sprinkle extra chilli flakes on top when serving.
How do you make yours? Any suggestions for jazzing mine up a bit?

nala2, Jun 21, 9:29am
In the southern USA eating and making chilli isa hobby as well as a food with websites and chilli competitions. If you google "Chili recipes" you will come up with 1000, s, if their is anything you do not understand with the recipes (US style ) I will endeavour to help.

oli3, Jun 21, 10:36am
Thank you :-)any more ideas out there?

carriebradshaw, Jun 21, 9:02pm
If you go onto www.allrecipes.com they have some great chilli recipes. It's an American site and people have rated the recipes so you know what they're like as well.

rkcroft, Jun 22, 1:19am
I don't have quantities, but you may wish to add any these ingredients that I use. Mince, onions, garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, mexican spice powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, tin of mexican flavoured tomatoes, tabasco sauce, tin of drained corn kernals, chopped green capsicums and freshly chopped coriander.

ld13, Aug 26, 8:02pm
I'm from the US too and American chili is soooooo good my dad makes it the greatest