Orange Cupcake Recipe

tyler666, Jun 21, 1:42am
Does anyone have a nice, simple one they want to share?

Thanks
:)

cookessentials, Jun 21, 1:48am
courtesy of pam. delilah
ORANGE CUPCAKES 6 tbsps butter, softened 1/2 cup sugar 1 tbsp freshly grated orange peel 3/4 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 large egg 1/3 cup sour cream 1/4 cup orange juice 1 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 (175C) degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.

mber2, Jun 21, 4:44am
thanks for that, pretty basic i will give it a go and i but its yummy as well

pam.delilah, Jun 21, 5:49am
here is the method

In a large mixing bowl, use electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and baking soda together until fluffy. On low speed, beat in the egg, then sour cream, then orange juice. At this point the batter will look curdled. Beat in the flour to blend. Spoon into the paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

pam.delilah, Jun 21, 5:50am
here is another recipe that can be used as a cake as well
Easy orange cupcakes
can bake the mixture as a single cake in a 21cm ring tin.
For 12-18 cupcakes:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola (or other) oil
2 large eggs
finely grated rind 1 orange
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
Icing:
2 cups sifted icing sugar
25g soft butter
about 3 Tbsp orange juice or water
Mini M&Ms, Pebbles etc
1. Turn the oven to 180°C (or 170°C for fanbake). Measure sugar, oil, eggs and grated rind into a food processor and blend until pale and creamy. Add orange juice and vanilla and whiz again, then sieve in the salt and flour. Mix just enough to make a smooth batter.
2. Line 12-18 muffin cups with paper liners, then spoon the batter into them. Bake for 12-15 minutes, so a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean.
3. Remove the cupcakes from the oven, allow to cool in their pans for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
For icing:
Mix icing sugar, butter and enough orange juice or water to make a fairly soft icing. Spread the icing on the cooled cupcakes and add the decorations of your choice – Mini M&Ms and Pebbles work well

pam.delilah, Jun 21, 5:54am
yes, very nice orange cupcakes

cookessentials, Aug 25, 5:50pm
sorry pam, did I miss ome? LOL