How do i cook my meat swiss roll?

melstr, Jun 20, 9:08pm
i got one given to me, but have never cooked one before.
thanks

245sam, Jun 20, 9:29pm
x1
melstr, I have seen, and cooked, two different versions of meat swiss roll although I believe that one of them is also known as meat swirls, so which type do you have?
In both cases I have cooked them as slices rather than a piece of meat to be sliced once cooked.
The two types that I am aware of are
1. a log of minced beef wrapped in sausagemeat - no pastry
2. pastry, 'spread' with minced meat, then rolled up as for a jam roll - this is the version that I have also seen called 'beef/lamb swirls. :-))

cookessentials, Jun 20, 10:41pm
x2
The meat roll that I do is one made with a mixture of sausage meat and pork mince and I cook it whole. You could do it in a covered dish to keep the juices in and keep it moist.

guest, Jun 27, 11:04pm
I have just made swiss roll and i had a layer of sausage meat (mixed with two savory flavored sausages), then i spread on some tomato relish, then the next filling was beef mince with a little cumin, mint, garlic, rosemary and some other assorted herbs and seasonings. I rolled it all up and cut it into flat pieces. They look delish and taste devine! I must remember to put a layer of finely chopped veges too, as i remember from the 1980's they included a thin layer of veges. Just about to serve with lashings of gravy!! *Slurp slurp*