Chocolate chippie biccies...

trev157, Jun 19, 9:39pm
Anyone have a recipe please? Gonna get back into baking cos the biscuits at the supermarket are expensive and have gotten smaller... Have lost the one I was given off here and I cant find it in the edmonds cookbook. . TIA... mrs trev. .

245sam, Jun 19, 10:02pm
mrs trev157, here's a couple of options for you with recipes for you to choose from... . .

1. Have a look at:-
http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=615

2. Do a search here on this Trademe MB using 'chocolate chip' or 'choc chip' or 'biscuits' and 'Anytime' as the Date posted option.

Doing either of the above will give you lots of choices to help you keep your biscuit tins well stocked. :-))

rubyjane11, Jun 19, 10:18pm
personally I like the edmonds recipe with condensed milk

trev157, Jun 20, 2:50am
Firstly, thankyou 245sam for taking the trouble to post... And yes ruby I do too and have found the recipe in the updated edmonds cookbook which I bought today... Thanks heaps. . mrs trev

tickandnans, Jun 20, 3:07am
8oz or 200g butter
4 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoon condensed milk
cream that mixture

Add chocolate chips a couple of hand fulls or more i put lots in, then add 2 tsp of baking powder and 2 cups of flour mix roll into balls press with fork and bake 10 - 15 mins

libra29, Aug 20, 5:43pm
I make these ones, mainly cos I don't want to open a whole tin of Condensed Milk for a couple of tablespoons.
125gr Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Ess
1 Egg
1& 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
1tbs cocoa
1 cup Choc Bits
Cream butter and sugars, add vanilla and egg and mix well. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa, add choc bits. Roll in balls and flatten and cook at 160-170 for 10-15 mins
I actually use heaps more choc bits than recipe says and the biscuits are really decandent