Ginger beer! how long to let sit in bottle

petal89, Jun 19, 9:00am
M brother who is 14 about 3 weeks ago made some ginger beer first attempts lol. anyhoo how long should you keep them in plastic bottle b4 opening? the bottle is really hard but how long should u leave them 4? cheers

harrislucinda, Jun 19, 9:20am
ifbottleisharditwouldbereadybuttakelidoffsloworwillblowevery whereandiftapthesideofthebottledoyou cbubblescomingup

duckmoon, Jun 19, 9:40am
I make g/beer in plastic coke bottles... when the bottle is hard, they are ready for drinking...

BE WARNED, open slowly... that means take it outside, twist the lid one quarter and wait for it to fizz ... only when it has stopped, turn the lid some more. .

Seriously, my friend Catherine, can tell you the arc of the g/beer shooting across her kitchen, because she opened it like it was coke.

cuteviolet, Jun 19, 10:03am
Why doesn't it become an alcoholic drink like other home brews? ?

petal89, Jun 19, 10:44am
pmsl Cateviolet lol better not say that to my dad he's into making home brews but has stopped gone on to making dangerous stuff Spirits! Rum, Port I think thats all hes been making. lol.
ok i hv checked bottles they r tight but still able to squish side slightly will leave another week!

horizons_, Aug 19, 6:13pm
A friend of mine complains that her kids get into hers before it has brewed completely. They drink it a week after bottling with no ill effects. It just isn't fizzy. She uses the yeast recipe. Meant to leave it for a month.