Getting butter icing white..

lisa7, Jun 17, 2:18am
Your tips are gratefully received. I have tried beating it for yonks, adding white food colouring gel, and still get a creamy colour, I need white! Thanks :o)

fifie, Jun 17, 5:49am
If your using butter it won't happen. Have a look at the Wilton site, read through the instructions they tell you whet to use.
http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Buttercream-Icing

lisa7, Jun 17, 7:56am
Thanks for the link, is shortening Kremelta?

jaci1, Jun 17, 9:00am
Milly's kitchen sell another type of shortening - Sno Cream. I've just finished the cake Wilton decorating course #1 and the buttercream recipe is quite different - it uses Meringue Powder, icing sugar, essence (colourless) and the Sno Cream - so no butter.

gnome25, Jun 17, 10:36pm
I use kremelta rather than margarine

linmard, Jun 18, 7:46am
Where do you buy Meringue powder?

lisa7, Jun 18, 10:09am
Does it taste alright? I don't have the colourless butter flavour and need to make for tomorrow? Thanks

lisa7, Jun 17, 2:18am
Your tips are gratefully received.I have tried beating it for yonks, adding white food colouring gel, and still get a creamy colour, I need white! Thanks :o)

fifie, Jun 17, 5:49am
If your using butter it won't happen. Have a look at the Wilton site, read through the instructions they tell you whet to use.
http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Buttercream-Icing

lisa7, Jun 17, 7:56am
Thanks for the link, is shortening Kremelta?

jaci1, Jun 17, 9:00am
Milly's kitchen sell another type of shortening - Sno Cream. I've just finished the cake Wilton decorating course #1 and the buttercream recipe is quite different - it uses Meringue Powder, icing sugar, essence (colourless) and the Sno Cream - so no butter.

blt10, Jun 18, 12:09am
This thread seem too good to let drift into cyberspace

wahinetoa62, Jun 18, 6:30am
try using royal icing it is lovely and white - no butter just beat 2 egg whites then beat in 2-3 cups of icing sugar and lemon juice...use immediately as sets hard....nice for cookies

lisa7, Jun 18, 10:09am
Does it taste alright?I don't have the colourless butter flavour and need to make for tomorrow? Thanks