Any nice bread recipes out there?

emanu1, Jun 16, 11:49am
Looking for good bread recipes, any nice kind of bread. Sourdough, Pita bread. Like to try some made fresh! Would be keen to try any that people want to share! : )

seniorbones, Jun 17, 12:37am
I'm so glad you bumped this up juliewn, I have just bought a gorgeous mixer from cookessentials and it has the dough hook and wanted to make some bread but the only recipe on the dvd with it is white and wanted to try something different, I hope these are all in the 'trademe cooks' site so I can keep checking back. I had a breadmaker but sold it because I didnt like the bread it made. So thankyou for the recipes and thanks to Pam for recommending this beautiful mixer-only thing now is I keep baking! ! !

juliewn, Aug 15, 1:44am
Hi Senior :-)
I can so relate to keeping baking! lol. . I've been making some recipes from childhood lately - mainly baking - have baking in the freezer and still keep thinking of recipes I can make!

There are masses of bread recipes in the thread, and in the last few pages, I've included how I make no-knead bread now, which gives a result similar to ciabatta. . with the holes throughout the rustic looking bread that is part of ciabatta. I've also been experimenting with grains more lately - including leaving the yeast, grains, a little sugar, flour and water to stand till it's bubbling and fermenting from the grains. . sure gets the bubbles going!

I hope you enjoy using your new mixer. .

Cheers. . Julie