Kiwiana bacon bone soup

snotragnbubz, Jun 16, 1:40am
Want a good recipe. ? :) thanks

ballito, Jun 16, 1:53am
Bacon bones, split peas, grated carrot, celery, onion. Cover with water and simmer away for a couple of hours or until the meat is falling off the bones. Remove meat and bones and I usual puree the vege mix then add back the meat. Taste and season.

fisher, Jun 16, 3:36am
Fisher's Famous Bacon Bone Soup
Smoked bacon bones can be quite salty so it is advisable to wash thoroughly before cooking...
Ingredients:
5-8 meaty bacon bones. . soup mix. . 2 bay leaves. . salt. . white pepper. . black pepper corns crushed. . onion salt. . oregano. . soy sauce. . swede. . potatoes. . carrots. . celery. . 3 onions. . capsicum. . spring onions. .
Preparation:
Place your bacon bones in a large stock pot and cover with water. Bring water to boil and turn down to simmer for 60 mins. .
Remove the bones and remove all the meat. . With "fresh" water, place meat with King's soup mix and bring to boil. Then Simmer for 20 mins... Fresh water to remove fat and saltiness. . Meanwhile, wash and peel your vegetables and place "ALL" the peelings in a large pot. Cover with water add little salt, pepper and a dash of soy sauce and boil hard. . Strain the liquid from the peelings into the soup mix pot and discard the peelings...
Method:
Place half the chunky diced veges into a saucepan with a little salt and black pepper and boil until tender... Drain 95% of water into the stock pot and puree the veges with hand wand , then set aside.
To Main stock pot, add white pepper ( no salt ), onion salt, oregano, crushed pepper corns, bay leaves and balance of uncooked chunky vegetables...
Cover and let simmer for 40 mins. Add pureed veges and stir in well. Simmer for further 10 mins and soup should thicken up.
NOW'S the time to taste it and season if needed... .
Serve with real fresh bread and lashings of butter... .
Swede and Celery are a MUST. . ! ! ! !

pickles7, Jun 16, 4:10am
1 bacon hock in a large pot
1 pkt of "king soup mix"
grated carrots, parsnip, pumpkin, swede,
chop up a little celery, parsley. .
Cover all with water[cold].
Bring up to simmer and simmer for 3-4 hours
once cooked remove the hock, cut up the meat and return the meat to the pot.
season well with salt and pepper
Cool and freeze in meal lots. .
By the time it is cooked everything is mushy and delicious.
I peel all the veg, we don't like the flavours that can come from the skins sometimes. My worm farms need feeding as well.
I asked for two stalks of celery the other day that someone had removed from there celery, made the soup taste that much better. lol.

snotragnbubz, Aug 10, 9:05am
done :) looking forward to tea thanks :)