How 2 make gluten free devilled sausages

lollie22, Jun 15, 8:24am
ok so clearly i know about the sausages being gf but what do i put with them i dying for devilled sausages been so long i also wanna pop them in crock pot

fifie, Jun 15, 10:33am
Lollie22 have you tried making your own G/F mix for your sausages? My daughter is G/F and we experiment with what she can eat. Not sure if you can have tomato sauce andliquid chicken stock or not but here is a easy devilled sausage recipe you could easily do in your C/P if you can eat the sauce and stock. If not try 1/2 cup chutney, and water well seasoned with salt and pepper. .
Brown your sausages in a pan, then cut into pieces, 1 cooking apple peeled and sliced, 1 onion chopped. Put onion in pan and saute add apple slices cook about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 1 cup of liquid chicken stock, put the cut sausages back in bring all to the boil stirring all the time then turn down to a simmer on a low heatand cook all for about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally. I'd try something like that then if you like it make a larger quantity in the C/P and put some in the freezer for later.

herika, Aug 9, 2:08pm
Hi, make sure you use a gluten free stock and the same with the tomato sauce. You would also need to check the ingredients in any chutney as well (malt vinegar is not GF).
You could make the sauce by frying the onion adding a tin of tomatoes (whole or chopped) I use the Italian ones and just thicken it with gluten free maize cornflour if necessary.
For more flavour add garlic and marjoram (fresh)etc. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper then put in crockpot and cook. You could add some GF stock too or water if theres not enough liquid in it.
I will bump up the *Gluten Free Hints and Tips* thread for you too :)