Good recipe/ideas needed for

sugarandspicey, Jun 15, 7:22am
left over Silverside. I can only take so much of it in sandwiches but thought someone out there may have a good idea how to use the excess meat in another recipe. TIA!

luckyduck, Jun 15, 8:37am
corned beef hash is nice.

celosia, Jun 15, 8:43am
and shepherd's pie - mince silverside with an onion, sauce etc.

whitehead., Jun 15, 8:45am
meat balls with onion and fried tomatoes yummy

laser51, Jun 15, 8:57am
slice it thinly and freeze it in packs small enough to use for sandwiches or the above suggestions.

karenz, Jun 15, 9:00am
There are lots of recipes if you go to the panel to the left and type in corned beef and select anytime in the dropdown.

theanimal1, Jun 15, 10:28am
Recipe for corned beef hash made with cooked corned beef and potatoes and onions and gravy.
Ingredients:

* 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
* 2 cups cooked corned beef, finely chopped
* 3 cups cooked, chopped potatoes
* 2 tablespoons minced onion
* 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
* salt, pepper and brown gravy

Preparation:
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add corned beef, potatoes, and minced onion; spread evenly in the skillet. Brown on one side; turn with a spatula and brown the other side. Continue turning until most of the meat and potatoes are well-browned. Drain off excess fat and moisten with 3 or 4 tablespoons of brown gravy or beef gravy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

sugarandspicey, Aug 8, 9:43pm
Wow thankyou everyone. I am going to try the beef hash recipe that theanimal1 has provided and many thanks karenz for your suggestion, I think I will be doing a lot of reading tomorrow as there is heaps of recipes, suggestions etc that I will definately read through.