Poached egg secret method, have to share it!

Page 2 / 2
hezwez, Feb 14, 8:40pm
One beeping monster's enough huh buzzy?

mwood, Feb 14, 8:41pm
all of the above sound like fun ! LOL - ok my "poached" in the microwave is to run a saucer under the cold tap - crack the egg into it, prick the yoke with a knife point, and zap 1 minute on medium - big eggs maybe again for another 20 secs. For microwave "fried" eggs, instead of water, smear the saucer with a dap of oil and do the same. I like runny yolk sunny side up.

maysept, Feb 14, 9:07pm
The best poaching method I've found is in a pot of water on the stove, get the water to a simmer, and then stir the water so it makes a 'whirlpool', drop the egg in and cook as usual. The 'whirlpoo'l makes the white wrap around the yolk and stops you getting those raggedy-ass eggs with the white hanging off. Perfect!

enjoytrademe, Feb 15, 1:47am
Yes maysept I think you are right - no more microwaving eggs for me. The egg exploded and now microwave does not work in fact all the fuses in the house blew. Microwave getting repaired now. Back to stove top for me

firemansgirl, Feb 15, 3:50am
And 'whirlpooling' the eggs guarantees no more 'snotty' white bits where the white hasn't cooked through enough! ! !

alebix, Feb 15, 3:56am
Hubby uses those silicone egg poachers for his eggs, works a treat everytime and no mess either.

hezwez, Feb 15, 3:59am
I prefer "raggedy-ass" from maysept.

hawthorn11, Feb 15, 10:51pm
I have combine several ideas fro the above posts and they worked really well I wil use this way of poaching an egg in future and someone is right that the cup was easy to wash.
This is what I did: Put 1/2 cup of boiling water in a brown accoroc coffee mug, swirled it around, covered the mug with gladwrap and cooked in for 35 secs. I have a convection microwave and like my eggs firm. Just as well I covered the mug as it popped rather than expolded, the egg remained intact, once I had removed the mug from the oven.

karenz, Aug 10, 10:59pm
Don't those brown arcorac mugs sometimes explode in the microwave, there was a Fair Go item on them once.