Lunch ideas for eating at home plz....

courtney2004, Jun 14, 6:29am
The weather is cold I am working outside at the moment come in for lunch would like to be able to heat up something healthy and simple any ideas? - also trying to lose weight! ! Something for heating in microwave would be totally fab.

holz22, Jun 14, 6:41am
I tend to have lunch at home. Homemade soups, leftovers, eggs on toast, toasted sandwiches, baked beans on toast etc are all good and warm for winter.

motorbo, Jun 14, 7:44am
i work at home 1 day a week and love the change for lunch, i usually defrost homemade soup, or open a can, and have it with a bit of cheese on toast or on its own, baked beans hot are good! ! and eggs, you cna whip up scrambled eggs quickly

stormbaby, Jun 14, 9:52am
You know, the whole time I had my Mum I couldn't make home made soup. Mum passed away in March and I am now queen of the home made soups! The whole family now really, really like them. So nice on these cold Christchurch days! Today one had roast garlic and pumpkin, one had tomato and hubby and I had seafood chowder (with potato and celery). The secret to any home made soup is good old fashioned home made stock which is dead easy to make. If you make a bit pot of home made soup you can freeze it in small containers. Easy to quickly defrost at lunch time or tea time, and a we serve with quick garlic bread (baps or hamburger buns sliced in half, pour over melted butter and garlic and grill lightly) or home made croutons. You can just cube any stale bread, lightly bake, dry or grill in the oven, cool and keep in an airtight container. Tossed into your soup or chowder, that's a quick, cost effective meal. Next soup I am making is home made cream of mushroom. Yum!

tracyj, Jun 14, 9:24pm
Baked potatoes with all sorts of yummy toppings. Bake the night before with dinner and reheat in the microwave.

Bacon and Egg pie (with filo pastry).

hikoi14, Jun 15, 9:02am
Soup is the best for this time of year

Also I quite like to make a tray of small sized pieces of roasted vegetables that I keep in the fridge. Heat up in the microwave and toss with salad greens and some vinigarette - yum. And if you want some extra you can toast a pita or some feta.

schnaby, Jun 15, 10:11am
stormbaby, feel like selling some of your recipes? ? ? Keen on the mushy soup one! !

stormbaby, Aug 9, 2:17am
Wouldn't dream of selling a recipe. Will find it and post it on here:)Now point me towards some fresh mushrooms, haven't had "found" feild mushrooms since I was a kid, and I didn't appreciate them then. Nowadays I buy them.