Getting rid of mold in a bathroom ...

mismuffet, Feb 13, 10:13pm
I'm not sure where to I should have asked this but, someone in their wisdom plastered the inside of our bathroom, not smooth plaster but spikely plaster. I've tried lots of things to try and kill the mold that grows every week, even clove oil and the smell from that in the steam is really nasty. Sugar soap, janola, bleach, white vinegar, have tried many things. Does anyone have any remedies that may help please

lisa7, Feb 14, 5:31am
Have you tried Exit Mould?

cookessentials, Feb 14, 5:39am
Just what I was going to suggest and secondly, get a shower dome over your shower. It will stop your bathroom steaming up and getting mouldy.

morrello1, Feb 14, 6:35am
I'd always had trouble with mould in my bathroom, no luck with Exit Mould, then just a couple of weeks ago I was trying the Exit Mould again seeing I have the bottle, sprayed it on to leave it for a while during which time my flatmate went in & had a shower. When I next went in the bathroom the mould was GONE! SO, try that maybe. Spray Exit Mould on, leave it for 10 mins or so then have a shower, maybe swish the mouldy areas with a cloth during your shower to be sure.

opawa21, Feb 14, 7:12am
use 1/4 teaspoon of oil of cloves (from supermarket or pharmcy) in a 1 litre spray bottle of water (dont use more and think its stronger) and spray mould, it kills mould and just wipes off, no more spending a forture on sprays, I just used bicarb soda on a cloth with some white vinegar to wipe over the walls and its great,

mismuffet, Feb 14, 11:41pm
Cheers guys, I shall try the latest exit mold and also the clove oil with water. The shower is over the bath and a dome isn't an option for the bathroom. Because the surface isn't smooth I have an ongoing problem with mold spores, it's very difficult to get into all the spots! Off to the supermarket to get some exit mold and a spray bottle for the cloves. :)

winnie15, Feb 15, 11:54pm
white vinegar in a spray bottle should do the trick . . or half water and half vinegar with 1 tsp baking pwder and some tea tree oil.

dollmakernz, Feb 21, 11:36pm
30 seconds is brilliant!

red2, Aug 26, 6:49pm
best way is to improve the removal of steam after showering - can you install a fan system ?