Celery seed?

redrustie, Jan 17, 5:37am
x1
I'm trying to find celery seed for a recipe and i've now hunted in New World's in both Orewa and Albany, plus P&S in Albany and no luck :-(Anyone know where i can get this from please?

bellter, Jan 17, 6:25am
try health food shops - good luck

fifie, Jan 17, 9:10am
Or Bin Inn , they did have them... .

wineo, Jan 18, 9:04am
Celery Seeds are available from a health food store in Rosedale Road, North Shore city, approx $7. 50 a jar but the only source I can find

kermitnz1, Jan 18, 10:44am
Our NW doesn't have them either, I buy mine from Binn Inn.

annie.nz, Jan 19, 1:34am
I contacted Greggs - they recommended Binn Inn. However, no Binn Inn in Wellington, so I got some from the local organic shop, but it's pretty flavourless. Good luck with it,

eastie3, Jan 19, 3:24am
There was another thread on this recently, and people recommended Moshims, or other Indian shops.

viv29, Jan 19, 5:36am
Good luck - if you find it please let me know where. I have hunted high and low in Dunedin with NO luck. In the end I think I used celery salt and just cut out the salt content of the recipe or left out altogether.

jazzryn, Jan 19, 10:36am
Bought celery seeds last saturday at the health food shop in the centre city mall in Dunedin

skyedog, Jan 20, 7:19am
i found some in Centre city new world in the imported aisle. Square plastic boxes- the spice trader brand.

bin-boy-lin, Jan 20, 7:23am
Google "Naturally Organic" you will find an excellent website for heaps of seeds, also seeds for sprouting. Got an excellent mailorder service as well.

viv29, Jan 20, 9:38pm
Thanks for that. I don't usually go to New World but I forgot they have that great imported aisle. Spent ages looking for tahini in Woolworths yesterday so I could make hummus. When I finally asked - they didn't even know what I was talking about!

davidt4, Jan 22, 11:06pm
For people in Auckland - I found celery seeds today in a bulk food shop (it doesn't seem to have a name) in Mt Eden, on the corner of Dominion Road and Walters Road, tucked in next to Wendy's. Look for the huge Wendy's sign and it's just down the drive on the right.

It's a lovely looking shop, with a big range of very clean bagged dried beans, nuts, flours etc.

redrustie, Jul 16, 4:13am
Thank you everyone! I found some in the Binn Inn in Brown's Bay and a bargain at $2. 20 for a bag that fills a glass herb container!