Gluten Free, Dairy Free, crumble crust...??

bunnyclan, Jun 10, 2:34am
Hi all, hope someone can give me some ideas on this one.

I want to make a Gluten Free, Dairy free, crumble crust for a pie. I have bought some GF and DF cookies to crumble but I don't know what to stick it together with. Usually I would use butter, but that is out. For other butter replacements I would use Olivani but I'm not sure that it will set up hard enough.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

oopie, Jun 10, 3:13am
It is a pity real margarine is not available in supermarkets. The 'spreads' don't set hard.

If it is a baked crust perhaps egg whites could help? If unbaked, Whittikers dark chocolate is dairy and gluten free and will set yummy with crumbs? Or Kremelta?

I am gluten free and use ground almonds as a crumb replacement in all sorts of things.

bunnyclan, Jun 10, 3:19am
oopie - you're a genius!

Whittikers dark chocolate sounds yummy. I'm using ginger cookie cumbs with a coconut filling, so if I make chocolate decorations it might just pull the three flavours together... (crosses fingers! )

Thanks for your response!

motorbo, Jun 10, 3:21am
hmm would luv the whole recipe please

bunnyclan, Jun 10, 4:03am
Not much of a recipe sorry Motobo - I'm a cheat cook.

I've bought a packet mix called Dr Oetker Organics coconut pudding/pie filling and some Eatright Organic allergen free Ginger Cookies.

Plan to blast the cookies in the food processor then stick them back together with the chocolate oopie suggested to make a pie crust then fill with the coconut pudding.

My inlaws all suffer from allergies so I try to do my bit to make things that everyone can enjoy.

Goodness only knows if it will work but I'll give it a whirl!

norma2, Jan 16, 8:39am
would Kremelta work ok?

bunnyclan, Jun 10, 2:34am
Hi all, hope someone can give me some ideas on this one.

I want to make a Gluten Free, Dairy free, crumble crust for a pie.I have bought some GF and DF cookies to crumble but I don't know what to stick it together with.Usually I would use butter, but that is out.For other butter replacements I would use Olivani but I'm not sure that it will set up hard enough.

Does anyone have any ideas!

Thanks!

oopie, Jun 10, 3:13am
It is a pity real margarine is not available in supermarkets.The 'spreads' don't set hard.

If it is a baked crust perhaps egg whites could help!If unbaked, Whittikers dark chocolate is dairy and gluten free and will set yummy with crumbs!Or Kremelta!

I am gluten free and use ground almonds as a crumb replacement in all sorts of things.

bunnyclan, Jun 10, 3:19am
oopie - you're a genius!

Whittikers dark chocolate sounds yummy.I'm using ginger cookie cumbs with a coconut filling, so if I make chocolate decorations it might just pull the three flavours together.(crosses fingers!)

Thanks for your response!

bunnyclan, Jun 10, 4:03am
Not much of a recipe sorry Motobo - I'm a cheat cook.

I've bought a packet mix called Dr Oetker Organics coconut pudding/pie filling and some Eatright Organic allergen free Ginger Cookies.

Plan to blast the cookies in the food processor then stick them back together with the chocolate oopie suggested to make a pie crust then fill with the coconut pudding.

My inlaws all suffer from allergies so I try to do my bit to make things that everyone can enjoy.

Goodness only knows if it will work but I'll give it a whirl!