stirfrys

chevyfireball, Jan 18, 11:40pm
any one got a good yummy recipe mine seem so bland... ...

cookessentials, Jan 18, 11:44pm
I dont use soy sauce, I use organic tamari which has a much nicer taste. Also ginger is another great flavour enhancer. Add a variety of vegetables in order of hardness ( and how long they take to cook) such as small brocolli florets, thinly sliced carrot, onion ( of course) ginger, halved or whole small button mushrooms, baby corn, red yellow and green pepper slices, snow peas. I also use ( and sell) Jonathon's Spices lime chilli drizzle which gives a great flavour to the stir fry.

andrea1978, Jan 19, 3:29am
Try some asian greens (my fave is choy sum with the yellow flowers - just cut a little off the bottom of the stalk but cook it all including flowers), oyster sauce, garlic, ginger, capsicum is great for flavour and so is onion, so make sure you use enough onion! Oh and salt and pepper is so basic but many people are scared to use enough (salt especially! )

gingeralenz, Jan 19, 4:10am
Very simple one, put your vege in a bowl, beansprouts are nice, bok choy, spring onion, beans (if you have veges that require more time blanch them) on top of the vege in the bowl pour oyster sauce, some sugar, chicken stock powder, bit of salt, garlic. Put oil in the wok and get it smoking hot, tip the whole lot in and stir fry.

callmenat, Jan 19, 4:11am
I use oyster sauce, soya sauce and chicken stock. Tasty

davidt4, Jan 19, 5:02am
Make sure you use good quality fresh veges. Frozen "stir-fry" veges are dreadful.

beaker59, Jul 14, 10:50am
Exactly right David that also goes for the herbs garlic and ginger. I like a bit of chopped preserved bamboo shoots. I use western style herbs and flavours as well including thyme rosemary mint sage oregano and basil but mainly because I have them fresh in the garden just outside the kitchen door.