Does anyone have any good 'Lime" recipes?

tets, Jun 9, 2:06am
I have been given some limes and can't find any recipes to use them up... . Help

cookessentials, Jun 9, 2:13am
I often make my lemon yoghurt cake and use limes which makes a lovely cake. You could also do a lime meringue pie. Are you wanting sweet ideas or more of a main meal type recipe?

tets, Jun 9, 2:35am
I am after anything easy really :>)

245sam, Jun 9, 2:51am
tets, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=30&t=89

and on this link you'll find a lime fudge slice and a lime cake:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=622

and on this next link you'll find lime muffin recipes and a lime curd recipe:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=612

amazing_grace, Jun 9, 3:19am
Lime Pie is the best! ! ! ! Take 4 limes, grate off the rind and then juice them. Put 1 pottle (275ml or so) of fresh cream, 1 tin of condensed milk and the juice and rind in a bowl and stir up (no need to whip or anything). Make a biscuit crumb crust, pour over the lime slosh. Refridgerate for at least 6hrs, overnight is best. Some kind of chemical reaction between the lime juice and hte cream makes it set. for a quick crumb crust just whizz one packet of plain biscuits and stir in about 200g melted butter.

cookessentials, Jun 9, 4:13am
Rhubarb & Lime Puddings

1 bunch of rhubarb (aprox 400g chopped), trimmed and cut into 3 cm pieces
55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
45g butter
65g caster sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg white, lightly beaten
210 mls skim milk
3/4 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
pinch of salt

Pre heat oven to 190°C. Place the rhubarb, sugar, lime juice and zest in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rhubarb has softened. Set aside.

In a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg, milk, vanilla and salt and beat until just combined. Fold in the flour.

Grease 6 x 180 ml individual ceramic dishes. Spoon in the rhubarb and pour over the sponge mix. Bake for 20– 25 mins or until golden.

cookessentials, Jun 9, 4:15am
LIME SYRUP COCONUT MUFFINS

2½ cups (375g) self raising flour
1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
125g butter, melted
2 eggs

Lime syrup:
½ cup (110g) caster sugar
¼ cup (60ml) water
2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice

Preheat oven to moderately hot. Grease 12-hole (1/3 cup / 80ml)muffin pan.

Combine flour, coconut and sugar in large bowl; stir in combined remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture into prepared pan; bake in moderately hot oven about 20 minutes.

Transfer muffins to wire rack over tray; pour hot lime syrup over hot muffins. Drain syrup from tray and pour over muffins again.

Lime syrup: Combine ingredients in small saucepan; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Simmer uncovered, without stirring, 2 minutes.

motorbo, Jun 9, 5:22am
that sounds yum does it look kinda like a cheesecake when done? can you slice it?

fruitluva2, Jun 9, 5:54am
Mmmm amazing grace I look forward to trying that one, thanks.

tets, Jul 21, 5:53pm
Thank-you awesome... . i know what i will be doing tomorrow :>). Any savoury recipes would be appreciated too! !