Cobb Cooker

squeakygirl, Feb 4, 9:42am
I have just bought one of these and would like any ideas, recipes or tips for using it. I've done a roast already - not perfect but the next one will be! !

cookessentials, Feb 4, 5:55pm
We just had a thread on this, if you scroll a page or two you may find it.

squeakygirl, Feb 4, 6:32pm
I just thought this might be a more appropriate forum. Surely I can't be the only one interested in this.

squeakygirl, Feb 15, 3:40am
I smoked chicken pieces in it today and it is great, also roasted onea few days ago and that was perfect. At least I'll be ready to cook next time we're away camping and not make a fool of myself! !

2bakerz, Feb 15, 4:37am
Yes, they're great, we used to have one and used it mainly for cooking meats and roast veges when 'on the road'. Sold it now, but if you google Cobb Cooker, they do come with recipe book and you may be able to obtain one. Another site which would be helpful for you is nzmotorhome.co.nz.

squeakygirl, Feb 16, 12:45am
Thanks for that, will have a look. I'm having fun experimenting with it.

maysept, Feb 16, 6:21am
Oh no. I just bought a preserving machine thingy and now I want one of these too!

squeakygirl, Sep 23, 8:18pm
I did some smoked pork yesterday. Put shoulder roast in a brine for 24 hours, then smoked with 12 heat beads and sawdust. Left until cold and it was a real success. Brine was 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/3 cup sugar, garlic. ginger and soy sauce.