sweet nibbles ideas please

carla84, Feb 16, 1:57am
need to be able to eat while driving please

margyr, Feb 16, 2:06am
dates a packet of them in the car, yummy.

245sam, Feb 16, 2:40am
any dried fruit and some crystallised ginger but remember that all these items are quite high in sugar so you'll need to have a water bottle as well - better still how about some seasonal fresh fruit and then there are the obvious ones e. g. biscuits, cakes, lollies, etc. but the fruit options are somewhat healthier and there are bags/packets of dried but "ready to eat" fruit available (apricots, figs, peaches, prunes or there is a mixture of that consists of apple, apricot, peaches, pear - I think that's all) but again I remind you that they really are sweet.

Hope that helps. :-))

eastie3, Feb 16, 4:03am
Weight watchers bars, I love the cranberry ones.

theanimal1, Feb 16, 6:39am
Nutella biscotti

If you want to make your own tasty sweet snack, here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup hazelnuts (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
4. Add sugar and continue beating on high for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in Nutella.
6. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until well combined.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and hazelnuts, if using.
8. Divide dough into 2 or 3 logs with well floured hands and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press logs into rectangles approximately 1/2 inch thick.
9. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven.
11. Turn down oven heat to 300°F.
12. Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/3-1/2 inch slices. Arrange on baking sheet and return to oven.
13. Bake for 10-12 minutes, turn biscotti over and bake an additional 10-12 minutes (depending on the thickness of your slices).
14. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.

or

1. 5 cups blanched almonds
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1tsp BP
1 an 3/4 to 2 cups plain flour
1/4 cup sugar to sprinkle

lightly roast almonds. cool. whisk eggs an sugar until fluffy. Stir in BP, almonds and enough flour to make firm dough. Mould into long flat log. Sprinkle sugar over and bake 170deg C 45 mins until golden and firm. When cool enough to handle cut into thin slices with a serrated knife. Bake 150deg C for 20-30 mins until golden. Cool. Store airtight container.

waswoods, Feb 16, 7:02am
Bananas are good for you and easy to eat

carla84, Aug 12, 12:53pm
cheers guys, i should have said, but i was thinking of baked goodies. Real treats, not just normal biscuits