Low carb ideas wanted please

96subbie, Jun 6, 5:02am
i am wanting some low carb recipes for brekkie lunch and tea that doesnt involve eggs please. I have googled NZ low carb websites for ideas but they all seem to have a egg base which to be honest i cant stomach eggs (feel sick even thinking of them lol). I have been on the body trim diet and done really well for the first 4weeks (lost about 4. 5kg) but i fell off the wagon and have probably gained the whole lot back :-( Im really dissapointed in myself as i felt heaps better doing low carb and had more energy but i could never think of ideas to have to eat so i stuck to eggs eggs and more eggs as they were easy and filling. I am wanting to loose about 5kg. Any one with ideas would be great. TIA

96subbie, Jun 6, 5:11am
Thanks lx4000 ive had a look at those threads and there arnt alot of recipe ideas as such plus i dont have time to read through 100s of pages lol. Thanks anyway. Imhoping some one will give me a rough idea on what to eat.

kirinesha, Jun 6, 5:17am
Hot Almond Cereal (from Dana Carpender). This makes enough for about 5 days. I ate this for breakfast practically every week day for the first year I was LCing!

 1 cup ground flaxseed
 1 cup almonds – sliced or lightly ground
 ½ cup oat bran
 1 ¼ cups wheat bran
 1 cup whey protein powder

Mix well.
Serve ½ cup mixed with ¾ cup boiling water.
Stir well until thick.
Serve with cream or yoghurt.

Options: Add some ground cinnamon or cocoa powder for a change

kirinesha, Jun 6, 5:18am
Flaxseed (or LSA) Cereal

2 heaped tablespoons ground flaxseed or 2T LSA
2 tablespoons Vanilla whey protein powder
1. 5 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon Splenda

Mix the dry ingredients, bind with melted butter.
Add pinches of flax if the recipe looks too wet.
Spread out about a quarter to a half inch thick on a piece of wax paper/saran wrap and microwave for about 2 minutes or until butter no longer visibly bubbles.
It will not be crunchy but instead crumbly.
Carefully spoon/scrape into a bowl and serve with heavy cream (cut cream with water if you prefer).
This is INCREDIBLY filling, so while it looks like a little it really blows up in your stomach.

kirinesha, Jun 6, 5:19am
Instant Flax Meal Peanut Butter Hot Cereal

If you are not used to a lot of fiber, you may not want to start with a whole recipe of this. It is 10 grams of fiber, and one third of that is soluble, which is good for you, but it's a lot at once. That said, it's yummy, low-carb, quick to make, and will see you through the morning!

Prep Time: 3 minutes

Ingredients:
•1/4 C flax seed meal
•1/2 C boiling water
•2 T peanut butter
•1/4 t cinnamon

Preparation:
Note that a half recipe would be 2 T flax meal, 1/4 C water, and 1 T peanut butter.

1) Pour boiling water over flax seed meal and stir well.

2) Stir in peanut butter and cinnamon.

3) Let thicken for 1 to 2 minutes. Eat.

kirinesha, Jun 6, 5:20am
This contains eggs but the other flavours cover the egg taste completely

Perfect Protein Pancakes

2 eggs
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup vanilla flavoured whey protein powder (Balance brand is nice)
1/2t baking powder
1/8t salt

Either spray or butter a pan and place over medium heat
Whisk together eggs and ricotta until smooth then add rest of ingredients, only mixing until well combined
Drop batter onto pan by the tablespoon
When they bubble on the top and the bubbles stay broken turn them and cook other side
Serve with butter and sugar free syrup, Splenda and cinnamon or a few mashed berries with Splenda

kirinesha, Jun 6, 5:22am
There's also a flaxseed and apple hotcake recipe - lovely like piklets to have with bacon!

kirinesha, Jun 6, 5:23am
There are a pile more non-egg based meals - have a look for the thread about LC website.

96subbie, Jul 12, 2:08am
Thanks Kirinesha :-) its not just the egg taste its the texture also. I use to like eggs either scrambled/omlette or boiled but i just cant stomach them now!