Scrambled Eggs.

autocars1, Jun 4, 6:28am
I've always wondered how the chef's make those nice dry scrambled aggs you get when you stay at hotels. When I make mine with milk they are almost quite moist? ? Hmm can't get it right? Anyone know the recipe? ?

lilyfield, Jun 4, 6:29am
less milk- or none at all

holdenss, Jun 4, 6:29am
Try no milk?
Theres also water and a cream variation which are quite nice.

autocars1, Jun 4, 6:31am
Yeah tried all that but still not the same as ther chefs? ? And no milk... isn't that an omlet then? ?

1oliverk, Jun 4, 6:36am
Maybe your getting powdered eggs in the hotels?

ttwisty, Jun 4, 6:44am
try cream

motorbo, Jun 4, 7:45am
cut out the milk, and dont overcook them this drys the egg mix and the water comes out (moisture from the mix) you want to take it off the heat whilst stilll a wee bit runny it will continue to cook and not overcook

martine5, Jun 4, 10:02am
You mix the egg with cream, and cook it in butter. That is how chef's do it and don't forget to season with salt and white pepper and once the butter has bubbled add your egg and move it around gently with a spatula until just cooked. Delicious but not all that good for you

ferita, Jun 4, 10:04am
As the others have said,
no milk at all, you can add a small dash of cream if you want but I never do. Dont over cook it either, take it off the heat when you think its not cooked and it will still be cooking. This will give you rich creamy scrambled eggs

kirinesha, Jun 4, 10:04am
I'd say very good for you (seeing as you saw fit to express your opinion I presume I'm allowed to express mine? )

High protein =big tick
High in good fats = big tick
Very low in carbs (ie: sugars) = big tick

aktow, Jun 4, 2:59pm
you will find they make the scramled egg in bulk. . they three quarter cook the eggs and then place it in a bain marie, , they got hard because the bain marie is hot and it keeps cooking the eggs and dries it out. .
try making scrambled eggs in a microwave. first beat and season the eggs, , add a little milk. place in plastic or glass bowl and cook for 3 minutes. . every 20-30 seconds i stop microwave and beat or whisk eggs. keeps doing that and when the eggs are still soft remove from microwave, ,

ferita, Jun 4, 7:26pm
You obviously are not a chef. I am and no chef would make eggs in a microwave.

margyr, Jun 4, 8:01pm
I am not a chef either, but am a damn good cook, when working in cafe i always did scrambled eggs in the pan, very little amount of milk in them, hot pan and move them about, at home for myself I do them in the microwave as aktow said and enjoy them. had another lady working in cafe who had come from a very big cafe up in Auckland and if she was doing the breakfasts she did the eggs in the microwave. Different strokes for different folks, or yolks as the case maybe. Mum always only put a little water in her ones and then put a lid on the pan for a minute or 2 before serving, hers were yum. an American girl i know puts sour cream in her ones. Lots of different ways of doing them, none are either better or worse, just down to personal taste.

kirinesha, Jun 4, 10:17pm
I do mine both ways but reverted back to using a pan the other day as the microwave was in use and really liked the result.

I have a lovely recipe for Indian Scrambled Eggs I'll dig out and post... ... also a Spanish one with chorizo.

kirinesha, Jun 4, 10:22pm
This is the Spanish one:

Ham & Chorizo Scramble

Ingredients

60g diced fatty bacon
100g diced ham (with fat / or just the fat)
100g finely chopped chorizo
6 beaten eggs

Method

Heat the bacon, ham and chorizo in a frying pan.
When the fat starts to ooze out add the eggs and stir over low heat until just set.

Comment: I add a big handful of chopped Italian parsley to mine plus freshly ground black pepper.

illusion_, Jun 4, 10:35pm
As some have already said above, the trick is to use very little milk, perhaps more eggs, stir them about a bit to break up the yolks (do NOT beat them). Put a DECENT (too much) amount of butter in a non-stick pan, pour in eggs, keep scraping the bottom off the pan letting the uncooked egg go underneath until they are ONLY JUST done. They should be ALMOST still runny and have bits of eggwhite flecked through. Should look soft and glossy on the plate.

The milk can be substituted with cream if desired. Things like smoked salmon or chopped cooked mushrooms can be added at the last minute.

Done this way they will only get watery if overcooked.

marte, Jun 5, 7:23am
I haven't mastered scrambled eggs,

but theres a 'suction cupped spoon/stirrer thing' that sticks onto the inside of your microwave & saves all the taking out & stirring every 30 seconds.
Great for scrambled eggs & porridge

aktow, Jun 5, 11:00am
again you are being a dick, so you are one of those gay chefs that think they know best, you can use a microwave but it takes skill which i do not think you have, if i want quick scrambled eggs for myself then i want a quick cooking method, youcan stick to that low paid crappy job. . work long hour fool, i suppose you are on $25 hour, , oh how poor, , i was a executive chefand i worked in nz and america so i think i had more experience than you, , i got out of the crappy jobto make $800-$1000 a day. . so you stick to being a chef . .

aktow, Jun 5, 11:12am
i forgot, no i did not use a microwave at work , in a small restaurant i did scrambled eggs to order but the last restaurant i worked you cannot do that if you have 600 people to feed, we could have 600 in one room, 230 in the other and 120 in the third,

ferita, Jun 5, 6:05pm
I dont work as a chef anymore. . havent for 15 years.
I have worked overseas though as a chef when I was younger.

As for your 1000 dollars a day; good for you. I earn a similar figure, probably more. Money doesnt make you better then others. If you have to brag about how much you earn then you are very insecure.

illusion_, Jul 10, 11:52am
from experience I found that a microwave is no quicker and even more work than using a pan