Gluten free people i need your help, cafe food

radark, Jun 3, 7:45am
what do you like/expect and what kind of price are you prepared to pay for it TIA
also share your great gluten free bread recipes please... something that would be good for sanwiches

frances1266, Jun 3, 8:07pm
Slices keep well for a cafe unless you can find good glutenfree biscuit or cake recipes. Some glutenfree food can dry out easily but there are many good recipes around.
I think the price is usually the same as wheat products.

zub26, Jun 4, 4:00am
Try zerogf.co.nz for bread awesome for sammys. $2. 50 for a large piece of slice is what we pay in chch. Try to keep it as close to regular food as possible price wise. We are used to paying slightly more for gf food but not too much that it makes it unaffordable.

motorbo, Jun 4, 4:44am
here in Tga i went to a cafe for lunch it cost me 17. 00 for thai chicken patties (2 big fat ones) with a wee salad and a cold drink and a to die for caramel slice - big bit, i was impressed with all of that for 17. 00

motorbo, Jun 4, 4:45am
hi there, im interested in that bread but the link doesnt work?

zub26, Jun 5, 4:10am
Sorry its zero-g.co.nz. Many apologies! ! !

motorbo, Jun 5, 4:55am
thanks i will check it out

frances1266, Jun 5, 5:00am
I found the zero g/f bread a little soggy. I like lievito bread the best.

gaspodetwd, Jun 5, 5:45am
What do we like? People to know the ingredients! It is more than just gluten for us. And to know that you have to keep it seperate from the regular food - and that you will need a seperate toaster and tongs! Think about soy free and dairy free. We also have to have nightshade free.
Sammies? Salmon and cucumber and salad. roast chicken and sage and onion stuffing (homemade). Cheese and pickle (barkers are just about all GF)
Quiche would be good. Hot food or just cold?

marte, Jul 9, 6:43am
Countdown in Invercargill make a really really nice good sized Carrot cake for $6.
Other Countdowns may make them too.