Quiche recipe please

dolphinfan, Feb 15, 8:39pm
Wanting to do a double recipe, one for dinner tonight and one to use for tomorrows lunch.
Need a tried and true yummy quiche recipe please

245sam, Feb 15, 8:45pm
dolphinfan, are you wanting a pastry-based quiche recipe or a recipe for a self-crusting type of quiche? YOu'll find recipes for both types at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewforum. php? f=27

If it is a self-crusting quiche that you're wanting I personally recommend this one which is equally as nice hot or cold... . .

"Spinach Quiche - don't run screaming!
It is really like a deep quiche, and you can't even taste the spinach. It looks lovely and marbled with green - so much so my neice & nephew have renamed it Frog Pie: A good way to eat spinach without noticing. You can add any veges you have: mushroom, broccoli (cook first) or throw in frozen corn or whole cherry tomatoes. The recipe makes a big pie/quiche, but that’s good, because it tastes even better the next day, cold or reheated. 4 eggs 60gms melted butter (optional) 2 cups milk 1/2 cup flour 1/2 tsp baking powder (or use self-raising flour) 1 cup grated tasty cheese (or use lesser amounts of blue or feta) 1 bag spinach, stalks trimmed, cooked & drained Salt & Pepper Preheat oven to 200*C. Whisk eggs, butter and milk together. Pour into combined remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 23cm pie dish or casserole dish, bake for about 45mins until golden brown and puffy. posted by raevah"

Thanks raevah, we really enjoyed the quiche made with your recipe - I had some feta that needed to be used and this quiche was a delicious meal hot with vegetables, then cold with salad. :-))

dolphinfan, Feb 15, 8:51pm
Thanks 245sam, just having a look now.
I am looking for a pastry base one so now here is a dumb question. What kind of pastry do I use and do I need to blind bake it first?

245sam, Feb 15, 8:59pm
dolphinfan, as they are pastry-based quiche that you're wanting to make this is the specific link that you need:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=27&t=101

The recipes on that link answer your questions re the type of pastry (some of the recipes include pastry recipes too) and the need or otherwise to blind-bake - I hope you find at least one recipe there that appeals to you. :-))

waswoods, Feb 16, 7:10am
245sam - can you use frozen spinach in that recipe?

245sam, Aug 12, 11:03am
waswoods, really I see no reason why you couldn't use well-drained thawed spinach - I didn't but next time I must measure the cooked spinach to see how much the bag of spinach actually yields then after that I think I'll be following your line of thought - it's so easy to have a packet of frozen spinach in the freezer - I always buy the Talley's spinach for the main reason that it is grown in N. Z. and also it comes in convenient little blocks which can be quickly microwaved for that extra little bit of green vegetable on the plate. :-))