Bread in the oven

speedwayfan1, Jun 2, 4:09pm
Bought some tin foil throw away loaf pans today, 220mmx110x60. Was wondering if anyone knew a recipe for this sized pan? Aiming for some standard white toast type bread.

We used to have a breadmaker and just made some in that, been storied in the shed for a long time, went to grab it and someone stacked something heavy on top of it, top window is cracked and the whole unit has been compressed to about half its original size!

pickles7, Jun 2, 9:51pm
Buy a knew bread maker. .

rog.e, Jun 2, 10:08pm
Such a shame that has happened to your breadmaker speedwayfan1.

I would make up any trcipe for the white bread you are asking for and if there is any left ove dough r use it to make into bread rolls. If there is not enough to full the "tin' then you will still get a loaf of bread and can adjust the recipe tofit for the next one.
I'd make up a 4 cups of flour recipe as a trier.

V

cookessentials, Jun 2, 10:13pm
A medium sized loaf pan is approx 21. 4 x 11. 3 x 6. 2cm so what you have got would be classed as a medium loaf pan so most standard loaf recipes should work with it. A large loaf pan measures approx 23. 7 x 13. 2 x 6. 7 cm and you would also be reasonably close to that size as well. Most loaves use a medium pan, however there is also what is classed as a "bread pan" available which is alot larger and deeper for quite large loaves.

leah14, Jul 2, 7:59am
don't get a breville! luckily i had an extended warranty as i returned mine four times bfore i finally bailed on them and upgraded to a tefal which has been great. for a cheapie (under $200) it manages to make me 3 or 4 loaves a week with good results. the brevilles are complete and utter cr*p.