Snax biscuits.

texastwo, Jun 1, 2:51am
Am I alone in thinking these are now rubbish? Seems ever since they took the factory iaway from Lower Hutt Snax biscuits have got worse. They have now lost there slightly toasted look and are quite pale. Also seem to be less crisp. And get soft very quick. Anybody else noticed that. Much against the grain I'm having to buy the Aussie made Arnotts biscuits.

pericles, Jun 1, 2:52am
I concur.
Bought some last week, yuk! ! !

karenz, Jun 1, 2:57am
Yes I noticed that the Snax get soft really quickly and are not as crisp as they were, maybe they have different kind of machinery at the Auckland factory or could they be using cheaper ingredients or cutting down the cooking time.

nzhel, Jun 1, 3:28am
I was annoyed when they stopped making Sao Crackers - I still miss them!

gordy8252, Jun 1, 4:50pm
Snax biscuits are now disgusting like so many other iconic Griffins biscuits. But if you query this with them you just get fobbed off and told nothing has changed.

campmum, Jun 1, 6:38pm
Ditto. . have now stopped buying our iconic Griffins biscuits & get Arnotts! !

korbo, Jun 1, 8:11pm
all griffins ;biscuits are becoming tasteless. I am sure they are reducing sugar or something. the malt bis are not the same, and yes the snax are horrid

urmama, Jun 1, 8:51pm
griffins chocolate chippes now are yuck ! such a shame

grannymum, Jun 2, 4:42am
I totally agree with what has been said. I find an excellent alternative is Arnotts Jatz crackers. Yes, I too would prefer to stay with NZ made but not when I have to pay for an item that has to be discarded or recycled because no one will eat them. I do wish these companies would listen to their consumers or they are likely to end up like Cadburys & have their products boycotted by their once loyal customers.

blighslot, Jun 2, 4:53am
Yes ! ! ! once a family favourite ... not anymore

pamellie, Jun 3, 3:45am
I agree on the malt biscuits. They are not the same anymore, very thin and the round shape is just not right! ! The last packets I used almost seemed burnt.

annie.nz, Jun 3, 4:14am
Yes, my daughter had some snax when I was there yesterday, I nicked a couple and was very surprised. Insipid.

indy95, Jun 3, 4:24am
I really cannot work out why Griffins keep insisting that "nothing haschanged" in their manufacturing processes. If you think the Snax biscuits are bad try the gingernuts. They are just plain horrible !

marob2, Jun 3, 5:57am
Very disappointed in Griffins. Don't they listen to customer feedback anymore, Maybe a drop in sales might be a wake up call if we vote with our shopping lists.

karenz, Jun 3, 6:55am
Many of the Griffins products are now made overseas, I suspect with inferior equipment, I sincerely hope not with inferior ingredients but I suppose that is possible too if they are sourced locally. Would not want to drive Griffins out of NZ altogether though for the sake of their remaining NZ workers. I have pretty much switched to Arnotts personally.

eastie3, Jun 3, 11:42am
I gave up on Snax years ago, and buy Ritz crackers instead.

perthlot, Jun 3, 4:09pm
Maybe because they are now owned by a joint Aussie/NZ group?

We live in Perth and even Coca Cola has no fizz! ! !

I go Sakarta crackers here and also did so in NZ - far better.

red2, Jun 3, 10:05pm
used to buy them each week but got fed up with 1/2 the packet broken all the time. I emailed them to complain and they sent me a $ 8 voucher - I would rather have the quality back to be honest !

mber2, Jun 3, 10:59pm
None of Griffins Biscuits are not the same since they moved, & they are broken i dont know how many times i have rang them, and im another one that dont buy there products any more,

chrisjuggs, Jun 3, 11:10pm
The sampler packs i bought at christmas were not that great family said taste of these bisicuts were rather bland and not the good old kiwi madewe once had. we should bring back the kiwi made and keep our country workingasit was a icon for our country .

effcee1, Jun 4, 3:43am
Yes i agree, vanilla, Wine, Malt, Snax, G-
inger, are the ones we always had in our house but not anymore. They might say that nothing has changed but they bloody know they have changed, Their not that stupid. They will only do something about it if we stop buying which is exactly what we have done.

effcee1, Jul 8, 12:00pm
Thanks for that, just went out & bought some Arnotts Jazz Crackers & they are just like the old snax, will top up again when next in the supermarket, they are really tasty