URGENT help biscuit recipe -low in fat & sugar?

ziggy16, May 31, 4:22am
Do you have a recipe that is low in sugar & fat for kids that is yummy and appealing Thanks need to make this tonight tomorrow at the latest Thanks so much, must be biscuits :0)

ziggy16, May 31, 6:31am
no help :(

kabbo, May 31, 6:32am
i dont have any to hand but have a search on the left using key words "low fat biscuits".

or try www.trademecooks.co.nz(i think that's the website address)

pam.delilah, May 31, 6:43am
how about

Oatmeal Crisps

Makes 24

4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth; mix in rolled oats.
Drop firmly packed teaspoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake until golden, rotating sheets halfway through, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheet 1 minute; with a very thin metal spatula, transfer to paper towels to cool completely

ziggy16, May 31, 9:38am
sounds good thanks pam. delilah

ziggy16, Jun 1, 1:44am
pam. delilah is that receipe right as I could only get 9 biscuits out of that there is no way I could stretch that to 24is it only 2 TBSP flour? Thanks

ziggy16, Jun 1, 1:45am
just thought by the time I doubled the mixture to make a dozen it wouldn't be low fat & sugar anymore would it

boxsters3, Jun 1, 5:53am
this probably has too much butter & sugar for you but heres a recipe I like.

Cinnamon Ginger Snaps

4 oz (120g) butter; ½ cup sugar; ¼ cup golden syrup; 1 3/4 cups flour; 1 tspn ground cloves; 1 ½ tspn ground ginger; 1 tspn cinnamon; ¾ tspn baking soda;

Cream butter and sugar, add golden syrup and beat well.

(If you use a hot cup, it will be easier to measure & empty the golden syrup into the mixing bowl. ) Stir in the sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff dough. Knead with hand to get a smooth dough. Shape into a cylinder 11/2 inches in diameter, wrap in wax paper and chill for several hours until firm. Slice into thin slices and place on slightly greased trays. Bake at 180 degrees C, for about 8-10 minutes. Makes about 40

pam.delilah, Jun 1, 6:40am
Sorry to hear that you only got 9 out of the mixture. Yes the recipe is right the lack of flour is made up by the rolled oats.

Did you do a teaspoon to measure the mixture on to the tray?

If you do double the recipe and use the measure that you used to drop the mixture on to the tray the foirsr time, then you should have 18 and no increase in fat or sugar.

Hope this help and you an increase in biscuitsnext time.

By the way did you enjoythem ? Pam

ziggy16, Jun 1, 10:25am
yes they were lovely thanks pam. delilah no I didn't use a teaspoon as they don't spread and I needed them more a biscuit size. By saying they would double in fat & sugar was my girl has to give ingredients for a dozen biscuits, so I'd have to say there were 6 Tbsp sugar etc. . if you get what I mean, I'll let you know how she gets on, she's entering a competition at school with your cookies so I'll get back to you Thanks :) my son can't stop eating them :)

ziggy16, Jun 2, 1:59am
bump for pam. delilah

gjsimps, Jun 6, 9:42pm
I triedthis recipe and the oatmeal one and they are both lovely, just keep a eye on the oven as the oatmeal recipe can burn very quickly.

ziggy16, Jul 13, 11:03am
haha yes gjsimps your right it does I found out the hard way :)