Continental Soup Mix

sugarandspicey, May 31, 2:03am
Can anyone tell me what has happened to this as the "King Soup Mix" is just awful it is missing some vital ingredient that I cannot pinpoint and just want my lovely "Continental Soup Mix" back again, I have a funny feeling it was taken over by ? ? ? ? Watties if so has anyone seen it in the shops as our one wee supermarket only has the King yuk stuff and I would drive for miles to buy the other one.

alebix, May 31, 5:17am
Didnt even know Continental made a soup mix... and I work in a supermarket.

sugarandspicey, May 31, 5:42am
Yep they sure did, they made vegetable, pea and ham and some other one or two that I can't remember the names of . I actually threw an out of date packet out just the other week - well it did have a use by date of somewhere in 2008 so thought just to be safe I'd ditch it and now I can't find it anymore. It was in a plastic packet just like the King stuff - and I do hope it has not been discontinued.

rainrain1, May 31, 5:59am
Chicken flavour is the the only one I buy

karenz, May 31, 6:16am
The Kings Minestrone mix is Ok as long as you add fresh carrots and celery, and a tin of crushed tomatoes also helps. I bought the chicken one and I thought it had a horrible stale taste and bits of what I presume was meant to be chicken meat but tasted like chemical infused cardboard, but that is just my opinion.

sugarandspicey, May 31, 10:51am
Yep I can agree re the chemical infused cardboard taste. I do add grated carrot, chopped celery, parsnips and potatoes to the vege one as I always did with the continental one but by gum the "King" one still tasted like ? ? ? ? yep chemical infused cardboard, even hubby did not like it so into the wheelie green bin it went!

hopeful_1, Jul 7, 3:03am
Can anyone advise me where I may purchase the Continental 2 pack soup (used to be 4 in the good old days) named Seafood Bisque?? Cannot find this line anywhere within many kilometers of Palm Beach on the Gold Coast. Why has such a beaut line been eliminated?.