Pork schnitzel idea

raewyn64, May 30, 10:10pm
I have some pork schnitzel out for dinner tonight.
I was thinking of crumbing it and shallow frying it like I would with beef schnitzel.
Then I had this idea of putting them in a dish, top with some tinned tomatoes and grated cheese and bake it /grill it until the cheese bubbles.
Serve it with some brocolli I have.
Would that work or maybe fry the schnitzel, grill it with the cheese then add the tomato at serving so not to go soggy? What would be a good potato for it - mashed?
I am open for suggestions or variations on the idea - I don't know where the idea came from - just popped into my head :)

fifie, May 30, 11:08pm
raewyn sometimes i make a parcel with them for a change. Crumb schnitzel with fresh breadcrumbs and a 2-3 chopped sage leaves, put on a plate in the fridge at least 1/2 hr to set. Fry pieces lightly in a little oil and knob of butter till light golden brown. Drain and place each piece on a square of tin foil big enough to wrap over them. Saute some onion slices, mushrooms if you have them, spread schnitzel with a little apple sauce pile some onions and mushrooms on top few slices of tomato, grate some cheese on top salt and ground black pepper. Carefully wrap put in oven proof dish bake 180c around 45 minutes or till cooked. Last 1/2 hour unwrap parceli turn my oven back a bit and brown top till golden watching it dosent burn. Serve with your favourite vegs mashed spuds and a trickle of gravy over the top of your parcel, can be quite filling. . You could do the same sort of thing with your recipe i'd drain the tomatoes chop them to chunks and go from there, whatever you have really that goes with pork. .

cookessentials, May 30, 11:17pm
lemon Pork Schnitzel

500gPork schnitzel
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon oil
6 rashers of streaky bacon, cut in pieces
12 mushrooms, sliced
1 lemon - juice and zest
1 lemon, sliced
2 cups cooked pasta
Freshly ground black pepper

Slice the schnitzel into strips.
Heat the oil and stir fry the pork and onion until pork just browned.
Add the bacon and mushrooms and continue cooking until bacon crisp.
Add the lemon juice, zest and slices.
Toss with the cooked pasta, add pepper and heat through.

raewyn64, Jun 23, 10:11pm
Just to thank you both for taking the time to post your suggestions which were both great and will go into the cookbook.
You got me fired up to give the schnizel a good try as I have never cooked pork schnitzel before. I cut it into bite size pieces, crumbed them and shallow fried them then put them in the oven with some grated cheese on top. Then I did mashed potato, boiled the borcolli and servied that with a little of the grated cheese on top as well and made a sort-of salsa with a tin of tomatoes, sweetcorn, spring onion and baslamic vinegar on the side of the plate. I didn't want to put it on the schnitzel in case it went soggy. it was a really yum dinner and hubby was very impressed. So thank you for inspiring me to be creative and experiment :)