*Gluten Free Breadmaker Recipes*

Page 1 / 2
herika, May 27, 5:50am
A lot of people seem to be asking so here are some recipes, they are not mine but were copied and pasted from other posts:
1. 3 cups Horleys Gluten Free Bread Mix, 1 1/2 tsp yeast, 1 tlbsp milk powder, 1 tsp salt, 2 tlbsp sugar, 3 tlbsp yoghurt, 205m water 1/4 tsp ginger (optional). Put everything into the bread maker and stir until mixed. Set for four hours.
2. 2tsp yeast, 450g Bakels bread mix, 1/4 cup milk powder, 1 tsp guar gum, 2 tlbsp honey, 2 tlbsp butter or margarine, 380ml tepid water. Place allingredients into breadmaker bucket (in order dictated by your breadmaker manual). Bake approx. 4 hours. Remove from breadmaker once cooked(don’t want it to go soft).
3. In this order put in bread pan: 500 ml tepid water, 50 ml oil, sprinkle over 1 tsp activeyeast, 1 tbsp raw sugar, add 500 gm Horleys flour mix (not bread mix) & 1 tsp salt. My breadmaker has gf cycle, but just checked the time & it cooks for 2hr31min. About 5 min into first knead, use a spatula to mix in breadpan. Don't take it out when finished but leave it in breadmaker to cool down. Mine was in all day cos I put it on before work (8am) & came home at 2pm.
4. 2 cups lukewarm water
2 x 7g sachets dried yeast
1 tlbsp sugar
1 ½ cups potato flour
3 cups rice flour
2 tsps salt
¼ cup extra oil for greasing and glazing

Combine water, yeast and sugar. Allow to stand in warm place for about 10 mins until froth forms on top. Sift dry ingredients into large mixing bowl. Make well in centre and add oil and yeast mixture. Beat well with wooden spoon.
Pour into well-oiled loaf tin and place in warm place to prove for 20 minutes.
Bake at 220oC for 20 minutes. Reduce to 200oC and bake a further 10-15 mins or until cooked. Glaze bread with oil during cooking at least twice to help browning.
When cooked glaze again and place under pre heated grill for an extra brown crunchy crust. Variation:Add 1 egg and replace water with milk. 1 Egg, 2 cups milk. Scald milk, allow to coolto lukewarm. Add egg with oil.

herika, May 27, 5:51am
5. 250gm pre mix flour, 200ml water, 1 tsp yeast. Mix in bowl first, pour into breadmaker and set for medium size on the 4 hour setting.
6. Brown Bread:
2 cups rice flour, ½ cup potato flour, ½ cup maize cornflour, 1/3 cup soya flour, 3tsps guar gum, 2/3 cup powdered milk ¼ cup castor sugar or 1 tlbsp molasses, 1 ½ tsps salt, 2 tsps dried active dry yeast, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tlbsp whole linseeds (optional), 3 eggs, 350ml warm water, 4 tlbsps safflower oil (1/3cup), 1 tsp cider vinegar.
Add dry ingredients to breadmaker. Add yeast to warm water with 1 tsp sugar. Beat eggs, molasses, vinegar and oil together. Add yeast/water mix to egg mixture and stir.
Add wet ingredients to breadmaker. Cook on rapid bake setting (2hrs). Store in a plastic bag.

herika, May 27, 5:52am
7. Spiced Fruit Loaf
560g Gluten Free Goodies bread mix, 3/4 tsp active dried yeast, 1 1/2tlbsp sugar, 1 1/2tlbsp mixed spice (yes, tablespoons! ), 425ml water at blood heat, 2 tlbsp plus 1 tsp (35ml total) olive oil or other cooking oil, 1 tsp cider vinegar, 3 eggs (from the fridge), 1 cup mixed dried fruit (1/2 cup sultanas, 1/4 cup currants, and 1/4 cup mixed peel). Combine flour yeast, sugar and spice and mix well. Whisk together the eggs, water, vinegar and oil then pour into dry mix. Blend well and place in breadmaker pan. Bake on sweet bread setting, dark crust, adding the fruit when indicated by the beeps on the Breville Bakers Oven or at whatever appropriate interval is suggested for your breadmaker. When cooked remove from pan immediately and wrap in a clean tea towel until cooled. Slice and freeze if not using immediately. Very nice toasted from frozen.

8. For one 1 kg loaf
Empty one 73g pack of GF Goodies Bread Mix into a large bow. The mix should be at room temp. Add 1 level tsp (5ml( dried active yeast. In separate bowl whisk together: 3 size 7 eggs, 1 tsp cider vinegar, 3tlbsp cooking oil, 590ml (2 metric cups plus 6 tlbsp) water. For best results use water between 20-30oC. The warmer the water the more open textured the bread. Too warm and the bread will overflow the pan. Mix wet and dry ingredients thoroughly with a wooden spoon and transfer into the breadmaker pan. Select the standard bake setting for yeast bread and set to dark crust if your machine allows this. The cycle will normally take just over 3 hours.

herika, May 27, 5:53am
9. Make up the bread mix first. 4 cups white rice flour, 1 ½ cups potato flour, 2/3rd cup tapioca flour(Recipe says it makes 4 loaves but it makes a very small loaf so I one and a half times the recipe that follows and cook for the same time). One loaf : 2 cups gluten free mix, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp xanthan gum, 1 tsp salt, 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast, 1 cup lukewarm milk or milk alternative, 2 tbsp oil, 2 eggs, or 4 tsp egg replacer and ¼ cup water and 1 tbsp linseeds, 1 tsp cider vinegar.
Sift dry ingredients and add yeast Blend milk oil eggs or egg replacer and vinegar. Add to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Press into bread pan. Close the lid and bake following breadmaker instructions for a white loaf(about 3 hours) Cut when cold and freeze in slices unless going to eat. Tastes very similar to ordinary white bread, very soft and spongy and holds together very well. Do not double recipe as it overflows pan only use one and a half times the mix for a 1kg loaf.

herika, May 27, 5:54am
Hints and Tips

I have a Panasonic breadmaker and it has a gluten free mode. After much trial and error I found that using the rapid bake mode instead of the gluten free mode was the way to go with GF bread recipes. What I do also is let the yeast form a nice frothy head in a separate bowl first and add it last to the mix of dry ingredients. If you use a GF bread mix (which is an expensive way to go if it only makes one loaf) then you can get good results with the Gluten free mode. If bread sinks decrease liquid by 3 tlbsps.

If the top of your loaf is pale at the end of cooking time, with some Bread makers such as the Breville, it is possible to select an additional ‘bake only’ period. If your breadmaker allows this, 20-25 minutes should brown the top nicely. If not, removing the bread from the pan and finishing the browning in a conventional oven is acceptable.

Do not use the ‘delayed start’ option when making GF bread. To have a fresh loaf ready for breakfast and cut lunches each day make the loaf in the evening so it comes out of the breadmaker just before bedtime. Wrap in a clean towel or tea towel and leave on the bench to cool. It should be in good slicing condition by morning.
Slicing the bread into toast size thickness then freezing it and using straight from freezer is good for cooking in a sandwich press or sandwich maker.

gaspodetwd, May 27, 5:55am
Do you have one without soy or potato flour? I lent out my breadmaker and get it back in a fortnight.

herika, May 27, 8:20pm
Hi gaspodetwd,
sorry I dont have a particular recipe for that, but I do know you can use tapioca flour instead of potato flour.
Apparently the Breville Book has GF recipes :)

herika, May 30, 4:31am
bumping for Sunday evening :)

herika, Dec 12, 7:48pm
bumping for Jan

100acrwood, Dec 12, 11:58pm
Many thanks for these recipes, herika, I have a Sunbeam bread maker, which has a gf option, but, the recipes are horrendous !! the
recipes you have put up I will definitely be using, you are an angel !!
Merry Christmas

mbos, Dec 13, 3:42am
Herika, I really appreciate that, thank you!

One thing Miss 5 has really, really done hard, is not being able to have her spicy fruit loaf - and when we tried the Burgens, she reacted badly to it.

I'm going to give her a surprise and try that for her for Christmas - thank you!

herika, Dec 13, 7:11pm
Hi Jan,
I dont know about being an angel lol but Im glad Ive helped, have a great Christmas

herika, Dec 13, 7:13pm
Hi mbos,
I cant have the Burgen GF bread because of all the additives in it, particularly the vege gums, perhaps your Miss 5 reacts to those as well???
I hope you have success with a recipe from this thread, enjoy your Christmas!

herika, Jan 21, 6:33pm
bumping for mcardnas

herika, Mar 8, 9:28pm
I dont have a breadmaker so if anyone has tried any of these recipes and had good success Id love to get some feedback from you.

herika, Mar 31, 8:59pm
Keeping this thread bumped up

herika, Apr 2, 4:54am
Someone mentioned breadmaker recipes so bumping again

herika, Apr 2, 8:02pm
bumping for Sunday

herika, Apr 4, 1:49am
Hoping this thread will be helpful

herika, May 27, 5:50am
A lot of people seem to be asking so here are some recipes, they are not mine but were copied and pasted from other posts:
1.3 cups Horleys Gluten Free Bread Mix, 1 1/2 tsp yeast, 1 tlbsp milk powder, 1 tsp salt,2 tlbsp sugar, 3 tlbsp yoghurt, 205m water 1/4 tsp ginger (optional). Put everything into the bread maker and stir until mixed. Set for four hours.
2.2tsp yeast, 450g Bakels bread mix, 1/4 cup milk powder, 1 tsp guar gum, 2 tlbsp honey, 2 tlbsp butter or margarine, 380ml tepid water. Place allingredients into breadmaker bucket (in order dictated by your breadmaker manual). Bake approx. 4 hours. Remove from breadmaker once cooked(don’t want it to go soft).
3.In this order put in bread pan: 500 ml tepid water, 50 ml oil, sprinkle over 1 tsp activeyeast, 1 tbsp raw sugar, add 500 gm Horleys flour mix (not bread mix) & 1 tsp salt. My breadmaker has gf cycle, but just checked the time & it cooks for 2hr31min. About 5 min into first knead, use a spatula to mix in breadpan. Don't take it out when finished but leave it in breadmaker to cool down. Mine was in all day cos I put it on before work (8am) & came home at 2pm.
4.2 cups lukewarm water
2 x 7g sachets dried yeast
1 tlbsp sugar
1 ½ cups potato flour
3 cups rice flour
2 tsps salt
¼ cup extra oil for greasing and glazing

Combine water, yeast and sugar.Allow to stand in warm place for about 10 mins until froth forms on top. Sift dry ingredients into large mixing bowl.Make well in centre and add oil and yeast mixture.Beat well with wooden spoon.
Pour into well-oiled loaf tin and place in warm place to prove for 20 minutes.
Bake at 220oC for 20 minutes. Reduce to 200oC and bake a further 10-15 mins or until cooked.Glaze bread with oil during cooking at least twice to help browning.
When cooked glaze again and place under pre heated grill for an extra brown crunchy crust.Variation:Add 1 egg and replace water with milk. 1 Egg, 2 cups milk.Scald milk,allow to coolto lukewarm.Add egg with oil.

herika, May 27, 5:51am
5.250gm pre mix flour, 200ml water, 1 tsp yeast.Mix in bowl first, pour into breadmaker and set for medium size on the 4 hour setting.
6.Brown Bread:
2 cups rice flour, ½ cup potato flour, ½ cup maize cornflour, 1/3 cup soya flour, 3tsps guar gum, 2/3 cup powdered milk ¼ cup castor sugar or 1 tlbsp molasses, 1 ½ tsps salt, 2 tsps dried active dry yeast, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tlbsp whole linseeds (optional), 3 eggs, 350ml warm water, 4 tlbsps safflower oil (1/3cup), 1 tsp cider vinegar.
Add dry ingredients to breadmaker.Add yeast to warm water with 1 tsp sugar.Beat eggs,molasses, vinegar and oil together.Add yeast/water mix to egg mixture and stir.
Add wet ingredients to breadmaker.Cook on rapid bake setting (2hrs).Store in a plastic bag.

herika, May 27, 5:52am
7. Spiced Fruit Loaf
560g Gluten Free Goodies bread mix, 3/4 tsp active dried yeast, 1 1/2tlbsp sugar, 1 1/2tlbsp mixed spice (yes, tablespoons!), 425ml water at blood heat, 2 tlbsp plus 1 tsp (35ml total) olive oil or other cooking oil, 1 tsp cider vinegar, 3 eggs (from the fridge), 1 cup mixed dried fruit (1/2 cup sultanas, 1/4 cup currants, and 1/4 cup mixed peel). Combine flour yeast, sugar and spice and mix well. Whisk together the eggs, water, vinegar and oil then pour into dry mix. Blend well and place in breadmaker pan. Bake on sweet bread setting, dark crust, adding the fruit when indicated by the beeps on the Breville Bakers Oven or at whatever appropriate interval is suggested for your breadmaker. When cooked remove from pan immediately and wrap in a clean tea towel until cooled. Slice and freeze if not using immediately. Very nice toasted from frozen.

8.For one 1 kg loaf
Empty one 73g pack of GF Goodies Bread Mix into a large bow. The mix should be at room temp. Add 1 level tsp (5ml( dried active yeast.In separate bowl whisk together: 3 size 7 eggs, 1 tsp cider vinegar, 3tlbsp cooking oil, 590ml (2 metric cups plus 6 tlbsp) water.For best results use water between 20-30oC. The warmer the water the more open textured the bread. Too warm and the bread will overflow the pan.Mix wet and dry ingredients thoroughly with a wooden spoon and transfer into the breadmaker pan.Select the standard bake setting for yeast bread and set to dark crust if your machine allows this.The cycle will normally take just over 3 hours.

herika, May 27, 5:53am
9. Make up the bread mix first. 4 cups white rice flour, 1 ½ cups potato flour, 2/3rd cup tapioca flour(Recipe says it makes 4 loaves but it makes a very small loaf so I one and a half times the recipe that follows and cook for the same time).One loaf : 2 cups gluten free mix, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp xanthan gum, 1 tsp salt, 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast, 1 cup lukewarm milk or milk alternative, 2 tbsp oil, 2 eggs, or 4 tsp egg replacer and ¼ cup water and 1 tbsp linseeds, 1 tsp cider vinegar.
Sift dry ingredients and add yeast Blend milk oil eggs or egg replacer and vinegar. Add to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Press into bread pan. Close the lid and bake following breadmaker instructions for a white loaf(about 3 hours) Cut when cold and freeze in slices unless going to eat. Tastes very similar to ordinary white bread, very soft and spongy and holds together very well. Do not double recipe as it overflows pan only use one and a half times the mix for a 1kg loaf.

herika, May 27, 5:54am
Hints and Tips

I have a Panasonic breadmaker and it has a gluten free mode. After much trial and error I found that using the rapid bake mode instead of the gluten free mode was the way to go with GF bread recipes. What I do also is let the yeast form a nice frothy head in a separate bowl first and add it last to the mix of dry ingredients. If you use a GF bread mix (which is an expensive way to go if it only makes one loaf) then you can get good results with the Gluten free mode.If bread sinks decrease liquid by 3 tlbsps.

If the top of your loaf is pale at the end of cooking time, with some Bread makers such as the Breville, it is possible to select an additional ‘bake only’ period.If your breadmaker allows this, 20-25 minutes should brown the top nicely.If not, removing the bread from the pan and finishing the browning in a conventional oven is acceptable.

Do not use the ‘delayed start’ option when making GF bread.To have a fresh loaf ready for breakfast and cut lunches each day make the loaf in the evening so it comes out of the breadmaker just before bedtime.Wrap in a clean towel or tea towel and leave on the bench to cool.It should be in good slicing condition by morning.
Slicing the bread into toast size thickness then freezing it and using straight from freezer is good for cooking in a sandwich press or sandwich maker.

gaspodetwd, May 27, 5:55am
Do you have one without soy or potato flour? I lent out my breadmaker and get it back in a fortnight.