Crockpot and a Topside roast

ykatoman, May 25, 6:26am
After the best way to cook it, someone must have some idears.

speedy_11, May 25, 7:05am
I havent cooked it in crockpot yet, but I normally stab it all over with a long knife, then poke cloves of garlic into the holes, I cover it in crushed garlic and ground pepper, wrap in tinfoil and roast slowly (160ish).

I am guessing something similar would work well in crockpot (minus the foil).

beaker59, May 25, 7:36am
Love it in the crockpot, brown the roast in a fry pan then put in crockpot with some fresh rosemary, bay leaves and garlic then in the fry pan sweat off some onions then deglaze with half a cup of red wine and pour over the roast put the lid on and cook on high for about 4 to 6 hours. Make a gravy with the juices and onions remove the bay leaves and discard.

ykatoman, May 26, 1:17am
starting to sound good, there must be plenty more though.

245sam, May 26, 1:52am
ykatoman, a couple of suggestions for you... . .

1. Have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=10&t=187

2. Try doing a search here on this Trade Me MB using 'topside' as the Keyword and 'Anytime' as the Date posted option - there have been a number of earlier threads re this topic and that search will give you the added choice of the recipes and info' from those threads. :-))

jtonkin, May 26, 1:53am
I have also listed the Trademe users cookbooks again if anyone wants one. i don't make any money from it, I get them copied, its been going since 2007... some great recipies in there if you want to keep them in your kitchen drawer.

mber2, May 26, 2:02am
jtonkin
I wouldnt mind having some of ur recipes, how do i get hold of you for my adress etc many thanks

245sam, May 26, 2:10am
mber2, click on jtonkin's user name above and that will take you to her listings. :-))

mber2, May 26, 2:36am
okay thanks for that

dex250, Jun 8, 8:01pm
1 cup of water, 1 cup of vinegar & 1 cup of brown sugar = devine!