Chocolate

bootsnall1, May 23, 9:14am
trying to find the best chocolate for dipping my truffles in. Have been using nestle melts but I don't think it is the best quality for what I am doing.

nanasee1, May 23, 9:18am
I use Whittakers

bisloy, May 23, 9:19am
I use gilmours/toops brand

elliehen, May 23, 9:21am
I use Whittaker's block chocolate. For a less sweet choc with 72% cocoa solids choose Dark Ghana, or Dark Mocha with coffee hints, but all of them work really well.

bootsnall1, May 23, 10:21am
does the whittakers melt to a nice consistency for dipping because I need my truffles to have nice smooth chocolate coating.

greerg, May 24, 12:45am
I have had no problems with Whittakers re smoothness but I usually add a small dob of Kremelta. You can't taste it but it helps coat more smoothly.

wildflower, May 24, 4:56am
Whittakers is the best these days and the new Madagascar one is delicious!

sikofstuf, May 24, 5:06am
nah- go the whole hog! I buy the real stuff! hehe- wicked expensive but worth it! Callebaut (? ) I think it's called! My spelling sux, but it's about $18 for about 250gm- but it sux- you cant stop eating it when you start- it's soooooo goood... ... . .

elliehen, Jun 3, 6:42am
I melt the Whittaker's broken-up into a bowl over water in a tight-fitting pot just off the boil. I don't add anything, and the coating is smooth and shiny. Make sure you don't get any drops of water in the chocolate.