Chewy chocolate chip recipe like Ma Higgins?

linster, May 23, 8:48am
x1
I love them soft & chewy! !

bisloy, May 23, 9:08am
x2
Too many people over cook their bikkies. Cook them until they are the right colour, only. That way they won't be hard.

elliehen, May 23, 9:27am
Add some rolled oats to the mix.

deus701, May 23, 10:02am
I never tried Ma Higgins cookies, but I was taught to used strong bread flour if you want chewy cookies.

thitryfiver, May 24, 12:57am
x1
Ma Higgins cookies,
75 gr melted butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 large egg, 1 cup flour, 1/2tsp baking soda, 1/2 cup choc chips.
beat togtherm butter, sugar & egg, sift flour & soda & add to butter mix with choc chips, stir until well combined, place tsp lots on greased tray, bake at 1808 - 10 min,
Have not made these, given recipe by friend. I think Steve Joll had very similar recipe on Good Morning a week or so back.

thitryfiver, May 24, 1:05am
Chewy choc chip biscuits,
100gr melted butter, 2TB golden syrup, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 3Tb hot water, 1& 1/2cups flour, 1cup sugar, 1 cup choc chips.
Melt butter & syrup, cool, dissolve soda in hot water, cool , mix together dry ingredients, add melted butter & soda, lastly choc chips, dsplots on greased tray, flatten slightly, leave room to spread 180 for 12- 15 min,
I do make this recipe don't bake over long 12 min should be enough.

wildflower, May 24, 4:58am
I'm trying a recipe this week for choc chip, cranberry and pumpkin seed cookies and that also has rolled oats in it, I have high hopes for it. Sounds great.

gr8stuf4me, May 25, 7:05am
ohh wildflower that sounds lovely, would you share your recipe. Thank you

desmodean, May 25, 7:43am
Just read somewere if you chill the cookie dough overnight they will be chewy! havn`t tried it yet though.

dwebble, May 26, 12:08pm
I just have to say, we made the chewy choc chip cookies recipe last night and everyone stuffed their faces on them and so another batch had to be made tonight lol. They are the schizzle!

I have so far today had two friends on facebook ask me for the recipe after I raved on about them and one tried them this morning, so they are going down a treat here.

leniv, Apr 26, 12:30pm
2 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, 170g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 egg, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp cornflour/cornstarch and chocolate chips as desired.
1. Preheat oven to 180'C (350'F)
2. Beat together butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
3. Add egg and vanilla and continue beating until all combined.
4. Add flour, salt, baking soda, cornflour (cornstarch), chocolate chips and stir to mix.
5. Place spoonfuls onto greased/lined baking tray. Flatten to desired thickness and bake for approx 10 minutes until just brown around the edges. (Important: do not allow cookies to brown in the centre or they will be hard and crunchy.)
6. Allow cookies to sit on the baking tray just until they can be lifted onto a wire rack without breaking (approx 3 mins). Allow to cool on wire rack.
Enjoy!