Cat wee smell?? how do you get rid of it??

chonnni, Feb 13, 4:50am
any ideas would be appreciated, have tried the spray from supermarket, doesnt work, have tried febrezze doesnt work.

valentino, Feb 13, 5:17am
Chonnni,

click onto the following link, personally don't know what is like, not cheap but then could be a very top product especially if one has this problem constantly...

http://www.odarid.co.nz/

Oh, possibly sell it through TM but not sure where to look.

Cheers.

chonnni, Feb 13, 5:22am
ok will check it out, hopefully she grows out of it only 14 weeks old

cookessentials, Feb 13, 5:25am
What is it on? If cats spray anywhere outside, I flush with brown vinegar.

valentino, Feb 13, 5:28am
May need to do a bit of Toilet training if kept inside, suggest a good size plastic tray then some cat litter "Millans" from Pack'n'Save Lincoln Road or "home Brand from the Foodtown group are excellent and simply teach the kitten to scratch in the litter tray etc etc...

Cheers.

eastie3, Feb 13, 5:54am
I have used Nilodour ( from a pharmacy)quite successfully.

darlingmole, Feb 13, 6:04am
WEll after rubbing my cats nose in it ... surely the greatest detterent? ... I wash thoroughly with floor cleaner and then sprinkle fresh lemon juice over it and springs of mint. Don't aske me why but the mint deters mice and the lemon juice just smelly acidy so tends to not attract except ants! So the next day I boil the jug and then pour over the said area

doug57, Feb 13, 6:24am
In a 2L old milk container, make up a solution of 1L water, squirt dishwashing liquid and 1/4 cup white vinegar. Pour on stain, blot off [by standing on folded towels! ] Any stain and all odour will be removed. Repeat if necessary.

jag5, Feb 13, 8:34am
When we got our boy from SPCA, he sprayed a couple of times, just marking. I got a spray bottle, baking soda, water, sprayed this on, no more probs.

chonnni, Aug 9, 9:40am
ok lots of ideas going to try this completely gutted my poor couch