Chickpea Salad

sapphirez, Nov 28, 4:40am
I would like a nice recipe for a chickpea salad. I had some today and it was so nice.

campmum, Nov 28, 5:51am
From Fishers website. . haven't made this myself
Chickpea Couscous Salad
Ingredients:
11/2 cups couscous11/2 cups boiling water1/3 cup olive oil1 tbsp ground cumin300g can chick peas, drained/rinsed2 lemons juiced
3 cups firmly packed parsley leaves, chopped1 cup mint leaves, chopped6 spring onions, sliced3 med tomatoes, diced, salt/black pepper. . Method:
Cover couscous with boiling water Cover and set aside for 4 mins or til water absorbed. Stir with fork to separate grains.
Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-hi heat, add cumin and chickpeas and cook tossing constantly for 5 mins or til warmed through and light golden.
Add chick peas, parsley, mint, spring onions and tomato to couscous. Toss gently to combine.
Combine remaining oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Pour dressing over salad, toss well.

nauru, Nov 28, 8:46am
Curried Chickpea Salad.
Can chickpeas drained or 2 cups cooked chickpeas, 1/2 red onion or 1 spring onion finely chopped , 1/2 red pepper finely diced, 1 garlic clove finely chopped, salt & pepper to taste, 2 tablsp mayonnaise, 2 tablsp sour cream, 1 teasp curry powder, 1/2 teasp gd cumin, 1 tablsp fresh coriander chopped. Mix all ingredients together and put in dish and chill until required. Also good to do day before & chill overnight.

ruby19, Nov 28, 8:48pm
The curried chickpeas sounds wonderful might have to give that one a go.

sapphirez, Nov 28, 9:10pm
Thanks for the recipes, they sound so nice i will have to give them a try.

yduj, Dec 14, 11:27pm
I made that curried chickpea salad for a BBQ on Saturday night - it went down a treat. My only comment would be that I would have made the red pepper in to bigger pieces so that it showed up and maybe add green peppers too, to make the red and green christmassy

nauru, Dec 15, 4:27am
Pleased that you liked it. Yes you could do that with the peppers, I chop it small so our littlies will eat it.

ee1, May 22, 8:42am
Love the curried chick pea salad - easy and tasy - my sort of food - thanks nauru.

nauru, May 23, 5:08am
You are welcome, pleased to hear that you enjoyed it, it's a great favourite with my Granddaughter.

fruitluva2, May 23, 6:16am
Curried chickpea salad sounds good, thanks for posting.

coro2, May 31, 3:46am
A quick and easy salad I make is mix together a can of drained chickpeas, chopped fresh tomatoe, chopped cucumber, add small can of tuna if you like it. Then mix in some vinagrette dressing( I make my own with grain mustare, balsamic vinegar and rice bran oil). Add lots of chopped fresh flat leafed parsley and avocado when you serve. Lots of good protein in this, great for lunches.