Cake decorating

redrose, May 21, 7:32am
just learning, how to improve, any suggestions welcomed.
http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/89/131203689_full. jp
g

raewyn64, May 21, 7:35am
I don't know but to me they look great - well done!

redrose, May 21, 7:58am
Thanks raewyn

cookessentials, May 21, 8:30am
Very pretty

redrose, May 21, 8:31am
I think the leaves need a bit of twikling. and the bud a bit smaller.

fishheadsoup, May 21, 9:16am
They are beautiful you should feel very proud would you be happy to share the beautiful icing recipe you used and what you made the leaves and rose buds with thanks

auntlb, May 21, 10:15am
They look lovely! If you are looking at a way to improve my suggestion would be to roll out the icing for the leaves a bit thinner then cut in your usual way - if you have a veiner press it lightly on to the leaf to create the veins and then roll the edegs lightly with a toothpick to 'feather' the edges slightly - it stretches the icing a little and so gives the leaf more shape and depth.

mybooks, May 21, 11:08am
They look gorgeous. Can we come help taste them? Please? hehehe

alebix, May 21, 11:17am
I think they look fantastic, my only suggestion... to try and cover thewhole top of the cupcake instead of having the icing placed in the middle...

But it doesnt matter if you dont as they look great!

abbey_magick, May 21, 8:40pm
I think icing like that is perfect. Only thing id do differently is shape the leaves a bit more (as in not dead flat) and smaller bud.

redrose, May 21, 9:01pm
its buttercream icing and the the leaves and roses made out of flowerpaste.

redrose, May 21, 9:03pm
Thanks for the lovely comments and suggestions, I agree about the leaves etc. No I haven't a veiner but will be getting one. yes i thought the bud was too big, reminded me of a nipple, (good god)

redfire5, May 21, 10:54pm
they are lovely Aunty, looks like flowers I would like for my wedding cake.

redrose, May 21, 11:18pm
Thanks R, just going to do more fine tuning. haha, dont you be getting married before I get to that stage.

juliewn, May 22, 9:59am
They look fabulous. . :-)

If you did want to use icing to cover the top completely, it would help the cupcake itself to stay fresh, as air wouldn't be able to reach it. . then again, they look so good they won't last long anyway!

deus701, May 22, 11:35am
I would hide the icing head & tails. . or hide them with a deco piece

something like this. . (the heart doesn't really hide the end well but you'll get the idea)

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/71/131325471_full. jp
g

nice job tho.

redrose, May 30, 9:18am
Thanks deus , never thought of that.