Boil Up & Hangi recipes

wgtnhurricanes, May 21, 3:58am
Hi guys, hope your days are going well. A family member of mine is coming to New Zealand and im wanting to make a boilup and hangi indoors. I would really appreciate anyone's help. Thanks

245sam, May 21, 4:07am
wgtnhurricanes, try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using either 'boil up' or 'hangi' as the Keyword(s) and 'Anytime' as the Date posted option, and if you're interested in a crockpot verison of hangi, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=10&t=199

On the above link scroll down whilst looking for the headings "white mans hungi" and "hangi".

Hope that helps. :-))

nahzee, May 21, 4:08am
hungers already from the fried bread thread... you just topped it off mate. . off to make 2-minute noodles and toast. . lol

purplegoanna, May 21, 4:08am
(for serving at 7-7. 30pm) my boilup if brisket (nice meaty brisket) i put in a lge pot and cover with water, add salt and pepper, i put that on at about 2. 30-3pm and set to a good simmer, then 20mins before serving i add my peeled halved spuds or if theyre new potatos dont peel them just wash the skin, then 15mins before serving i add halved kumera and pumpkin chunks, then 5-10mins before serving i add a whole cabbage cut up into thin slices with some silverbeet in for good luck... . its all sort of done by feel, dont be afraid to do heap of meat and have a re-boil the next night by adding a few more veg... . .

tommi2, May 26, 8:47am
If using cabbage in your boil-ups, DO NOT leave the lid on the pot overnight, it will go off. Make sure you take the lid off the pot, cover the top with a teatowel and put pot in the fridge until you are ready to reboil