Really good and easy muffins or cupcakes..any type

manda42, Nov 20, 7:18am
Hi i am looking for really good and easy muffin or cupcake recipes. I am not looking for any particular types just watever the recommendations are.

jessie981, Nov 20, 9:20am
Chocolate Caramel Muffins

1&3/4c flour, 1tsp b/soda, 1c sugar, 1/4c cocoa. Melt 100gr butter. Remove from heat & whisk in 1 egg, 1c milk & tsp vanilla essence. Add to dry ingredients. Mix gently. Spoon 1/2 of mixture into muffin tins. Add heaped tsp (or more) of caramel condensed milk & put remaiing mixture on top. Bake 15 mins @ 220. Makes 12.

manda42, Nov 20, 10:59pm
sounds yummy thanks jessie981

hayleynadam, Nov 21, 12:31am
banana or banana choc chip cake, i also use this to make muffins

125grams butter, 3/4cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda disolved in about 3 table spoons milk, 3 mashed bananas ( brown ones are best), choc chips if u want them

Cream butter and sugar, add egg, add mashed banana, add baking soda dissolved in milk. . mix. . add flour and baking powder. put into cake tin or muffin tin and bake for approx 35mins untill cooked. . i add about 3/4 cup choc chips sometimes as well after flour etc. .

pam.delilah, Nov 21, 12:47am
Dainty Cup Cakes
175g butter, softened
175g golden caster sugar
3 medium eggs
175g (self-raising flour, sifted
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
For the icing
225g (8oz) icing sugar, sifted
1 drop food colouring, your choice
2-3tbsp lemon juice, strained

Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan) mark 5. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together until pale, light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat together,
Folding in a little flour if the mixture looks as if it's going to curdle.
Fold in the flour, lemon zest and juice and mix everything together.
Spoon mixture into cases and bake for 15-20min
until pale golden, risen and springy to touch. Cool on a wire rack.
To make the icing, put the icing sugar in a bowl with the violet food colouring.
Mix in the lemon juice to create a smooth dropping consistency.
Spoon the icing on to the cakes.
serve when the icing is completely set.

pam.delilah, Nov 21, 12:48am
Easy orange cupcakes
can bake the mixture as a single cake in a 21cm ring tin.
For 12-18 cupcakes:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola (or other) oil
2 large eggs
finely grated rind 1 orange
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
Icing:
2 cups sifted icing sugar
25g soft butter
about 3 Tbsp orange juice or water
Mini M&Ms, Pebbles etc
1. Turn the oven to 180°C (or 170°C for fanbake). Measure sugar, oil, eggs and grated rind into a food processor and blend until pale and creamy. Add orange juice and vanilla and whiz again, then sieve in the salt and flour. Mix just enough to make a smooth batter.
2. Line 12-18 muffin cups with paper liners, then spoon the batter into them. Bake for 12-15 minutes, so a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean.
3. Remove the cupcakes from the oven, allow to cool in their pans for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
For icing:
Mix icing sugar, butter and enough orange juice or water to make a fairly soft icing. Spread the icing on the cooled cupcakes and add the decorations of your choice – Mini M&Ms and Pebbles work well.

pam.delilah, Nov 21, 12:50am
One-bowl chocolate cupcakes

• 1 1/2 cupsplain flour
• 3/4 cup cocoa powder
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 cup buttermilk
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup warm water

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Reduce speed to low. Add eggs, buttermilk, oil, extract, and the water; beat until smooth and combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
2. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool 10 minutes; turn out cupcakes onto racks and let cool completely. Cupcakes can be stored overnight at room temperature, or frozen up to 2 months, in airtight containers.

pam.delilah, Nov 21, 12:51am
nigella Cupcakes:
4 oz soft butter, flour and sugar, and 2 eggs.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
Take everything you need out of the fridge in time to get to room temperature - and this makes a huge difference to the lightness of the cupcakes later - and preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
Put all of the ingredients for the cupcakes except for the milk into a food processor and blitz while adding the milk down the funnel, to make a smooth dropping consistency.
Divide the mixture between a 12 muffin tin lined with muffin papers, and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. They should have risen and be golden on top. Let them cool a little in their tins on a rack, and then take them carefully out of the tin to cool in their papers, still on the wire rack.
Ice with Royal Icing.
Royal Icing:
*2 large egg whites (or substitute powdered egg whites)
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Combine the egg whites and confectioners' sugar in a medium-size mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer on medium speed until opaque and shiny, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the lemon juice, this will thin out the icing. Beat for another couple of minutes until you reach the right spreading consistency for the cupcakes.

manda42, Nov 21, 8:01am
thanks for all the recipes pam. delilah :)

cap, Nov 25, 3:36am
I was looking for cupcake recipes on here the other day and saw this. I just wanted to report back that I made the Nigella ones and they were the BEST cupcakes I have ever had. I am not generally a huge cupcake fan but these were so good and so very, very easy. I iced them with a buttercream icing. I will definitely be making these again when I can find an excuse to make them!

lukn4bargans, May 19, 3:26am
I made this and didnt add the sugar coz I thought it wasn't needed... eeek... then I saw it was the way you added ingredients lol, not your fault I know but geepers, I missed it shammit, they turned out YUK lol... I am going to make a sweet icing to see if that helps...

Also, can you convert the ounces to NZ scales and weights please? Thanks

245sam, May 19, 3:38am
lukn4bargans, 1oz = 28•4g so 4oz = 113•6gor rounded up, 4oz = 115g.
:-))

cookessentials, May 19, 3:50am
Cheese, Corn & Bacon Muffins

Instant polenta is not suitable for this recipe. Muffins can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for two days.

½ cup (85g) polenta
½ cup (125ml) milk
3 bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped finely
4 spring onions chopped finely
2 eggs, beaten lightly
60g butter, melted
125g can creamed corn
310g can corn kernels, drained
1½ cups (225g) self-raising flour
50g cheddar cheese, cut into 12 cubes
¼ cup (30g) finely grated cheddar cheese

METHOD

Combine the polenta and milk in a large bowl. Stand for 10 minutes.

Preheat the oven to moderately hot (200°C/180°C fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole (1/3 cup/80ml) muffin pan.

Cook bacon in a small heated non-stick frying pan until browned and crisp. Add onion; cook, stirring, 1 minute.

Add the eggs, butter, creamed corn and corn kernels to the polenta mixture; whisk to combine. Add the bacon mixture and sifted flour to the bowl; stir until just combined.

Spoon 1 tablespoon muffin mixture into each pan hole, top with a cube of cheddar. Divide remaining muffin mixture among pan holes. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 20 minutes. Stand muffins for
5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.

Serve warm or cooled. Makes 12.

guest, Mar 20, 11:28pm
Loved the guest towel cupcake; I am going to make them for all oissaccons and for my bathrooms. I have seen so many other videos, but you are the best. Thank you so much.

guest, Mar 21, 4:30am
hi i love to get your winning repice from earhfare.you got the picture but not the repice.also could you find me the healthy repice winners from earthfare as i think they have deleted them by accident.i been trying for days and hours.could you also tell me if you ever come across apple cake or slice low fat that actually you can taste the alpple and cinnomomn as i love that combo.i once tasted a biscuit stuffed with apple chunks it was delicious love a repice for that.please could you email me the winnimg repices from eatrthfare as well as yours i love healthy and winning.oh yes my email ismany thanks if you can as you are one of the winners and they promised to publish.

guest, Mar 22, 11:15am
I absolutely love the event deisgn for this party. From the costumes to the candles on the cake. Looks like everyone had a great time. My favorite shot by far is the staff in the picture frame. Payne-Corley House staff really gets into your event!