Wanted..orange slice/fudge recipes.

tazzaboy2, May 18, 5:18am
need to use up all my oranges would love a orange slice(biscuit base)
fudge type. .

tazzaboy2, May 18, 5:26am
must be someone with a recipe?

tazzaboy2, May 18, 6:09am
wasn't being impatient. . just hubby doing a clean up of the fridge and told him 2 x not to chuck oranges out as for a slice. .
yes it the citris slice i was after. . yummy as the thick cafe type ones.

245sam, May 18, 6:29am
ok - you're mighty lucky that your "hubby is doing a clean up of the fridge" for you - in our house, refrigerator cleaning/tidying is my job but I don't ever keep citrus in there anyway as I believe that it dries the fruit out and makes them less juicy.

Have you had a look at the link as in the first of my above suggestions and do any of the recipes there appeal to you?
How many oranges do you have that need to be used? - Orange/Citrus Slice will only use maybe a couple, 1 each for the slice and icing for the slice, BUT if you're wanting a really "thick cafe type" slice then you could double the recipe and then you'd probably need 3 oranges in total.

Hope that helps. :-))

cookessentials, May 18, 11:47pm
Ingredients
250g plain, sweet biscuits
125g unsalted butter, melted
Filling
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 large orange, rind finely grated
2/3 cup thickened cream
2/3 cup caster sugar
60g dark chocolate, melted
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Icing
1 1/4 cups icing sugar mixture
2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
1 orange, juiced
3 drops orange food colouring, optional

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 3cm-deep, 17cm x 28cm (base) slab pan and line with baking paper

Place biscuits in a food processor. Process to fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until well combined. Press mixture into pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.

Make filling: Place egg, orange rind, cream, sugar, chocolate and cocoa in a large bowl. Mix well. Pour over biscuit base. Bake for 25 minutes or until topping is set. Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan.

Make icing: Mix icing sugar, butter and 2 tablespoons orange juice in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in food colouring (if using), 1 drop at a time.

Spread icing over slice. Cut into pieces. Serve.

elliehen, May 19, 12:08am
245sam, you have exhibited exceptional patience in your measured reply!

My granny had an aphorism for every occasion, and used to say:
"Patience is a virtue
Possess it if you can
Always found in women
But never in a man. "