Weet-Bix....good?

Page 1 / 3
kiwi.adventures, Feb 11, 4:12am
Good for you? Bad? How Many? With milk? Without even?

jennmark2, Feb 11, 4:36am
IMHO... Good. Very very good actually. Low in salt, low in fat, high in fibre... How many depends on your size! (kind of... my 3 year old eats 2 for breakfast, my brothers when teenagers could eat half a box lol). Heart foundation recommends to eat with trim milk. Personally I think ok without milk (used to smear a bit of marmite and butter on them when I was a kid and eat as a snack) but I believe that too many without fluid could lead to problems in the gut. So if you don't like soggy weeties, perhaps a cup of tea or a glass of milk around the time of eating?

annie.nz, Feb 11, 4:38am
If you don't have milk as well as weetbix, some other protein source for the same meal would be a good idea. A yoghurt perhaps?

kiwi.adventures, Feb 11, 5:37am
x1
How many per day is a good amount

annie.nz, Feb 11, 5:49am
How many Weetbix you mean?
Depends on your age, body weight and what else you eat during the day, I guess. For an adult woman, 2 for breakfast w some milk, not sure otherwise.

jubellsrose, Feb 11, 6:09am
I have 1 and a half, 2 prunes and low fat milk. No sugar

kiwi.adventures, Feb 11, 6:32am
young fit highly active male mid 20's

theanimal1, Feb 11, 6:36am
males in this house eat 4-8 per sitting and they are 18, 18, 19

beaker59, Feb 11, 6:48am
I have the small ones probably a dozen and natural greek yogurt with tinned fruit.

male_timaru, Feb 11, 7:07am
hahahaha i have 8 in morning for brekkie and use cow & gate blue top milk ! ! yum yum!

bams1, Feb 11, 7:10am
goshtheanimal1 you get off lightly my youngest son just had 12 for pudding ! ! ! My kids are all weetbix kidsthey have them all different ways - hot water brown sugarand milk , crushed with cold milk and sugar , split in half and buttered , my middle son has a coffee for breakfast and just dunks his plain weetbix in it (yuk) everyday ! To answer your Q i think you can eat as many as it takes to fill you weetbix are good foryou full of fibre low salt, low fat content.

alebix, Feb 11, 7:32am
Dentists recomend you eat them due to the small amount of sugar in them.

My daughters doctors recomends them for her to keep her regular.

tama2toes, Feb 11, 10:24am
3 for breakie with a little bit of marg on top with a smear of marmite or vegemite yummmmy!

yahootowers, Feb 11, 10:27am
Depands on your goals, If you want to be in the foward pack of the all blacks i suggest you eat as many as you can with plenty of sugar on top to boot good luck.

midnightgirl, Feb 11, 10:40am
For breakfast I have two weetbix with clover honey on top and very slightly warmed milk or for a change yoghurt on top with less slightly warmed milk. Yummy...

midnightgirl, Feb 11, 10:42am
Also for a snack I butter a couple with margarine and top with honey also yummy...

alebix, Feb 11, 10:55am
i forgot to add I only have my weet bix with Cream and sugar...

kiwi.adventures, Feb 11, 8:41pm
I want to keep my weight down and maintain my physique for maratho racing, im a lanky dude

red2, Feb 11, 11:40pm
for what you are doing Weetbix is fine but porridge made from rolled oats would be better ( slow release )

kiwi.adventures, Feb 12, 12:14am
just want someething as low as fat as poss

yahootowers, Feb 12, 12:33am
Just teaspoon yourself sugar lots of energy to burn :)

bedazzledjewels, Feb 12, 12:38am
Obviously not many marathon runners in here!
Try Sports or Health and Beauty!

yahootowers, Feb 12, 12:45am
Hey bed how are you?

bedazzledjewels, Feb 12, 12:46am
Good thanks Yahoo.
Hopefully get our goodies soon!

yahootowers, Feb 12, 12:55am
Yes I hope your man doesn't have to much trouble. Another 6 more days he must be excited ?