Jelly Cake

susieq9, May 14, 9:00pm
I have a recipe for this. It says 1 packet of biscuits and 250gm butter. This seems a lot of butter. Would it be alright to halve the amount of butter. Don't want this mixture to crumble, as it will be a finger dessert. TIA

cookessentials, May 14, 9:08pm
Is this for the base of the cake/dessert?

susieq9, May 14, 9:13pm
Yes. Like a cheesecake. Biscuit base, condensed milk filling and jelly on top.

nanberrie, May 14, 9:28pm
I use this recipe:

Strawberry jelly slice

250g shortbread style biscuits
80g butter melted
4x9 sachets ww jelly strawberry flav
2x 175g tub low fat joghurt
6 large strwberries

grease and line shallow pan/tin, process biscuits in processor, add butter and process until combined, spoon into pan/tin and press firmly chill.
Put jelly crystals in bowl add x3 cups boiling water and stir untl disolved, remove x1 cup of jelly mix and set aside, add yoghurt to remaining jelly and mix and pour over crumb base, top with halved strawberries, chill for 30-40mins then pour remaining jelly over top, chill until set.

rarogal, May 15, 12:21am
Susieq, my recipe for that slice has the same measurements and it turns out fine.

susieq9, May 15, 2:26am
My MIL used to make it a lot. I just thought that it sounded like a lot of butter. I have now made it and only used 100gm butter. Fingers crossed, it should be fine. Thanks.

porsh_a, May 15, 7:42am
My recipe for Jelly Slice is ...

INGREDIENTS:

1 X 250gm packet of Griffins Malt Biscuits
6 oz melted butter

3 teaspoons Gelatine
¾ cup boiling water
1 tin Condensed Milk
Juice of two lemons (I use only use ½ - 1 lemon)

1 Jelly (usually red)
1 cup boiling water

METHOD:

1. Crush malt biscuits. Add melted butter and mix well. Press into foil lined dish and refrigerate.

2. Dissolve gelatine in ¾ cup boiling water. Add condensed milk and lemon juice. Mix well. Pour over set base and refrigerate until set.

3. Mix jelly with 1 cup boiling water. Cool thoroughly. Pour (or spoon) carefully over gelatine mixture (as above) and leave to set.

4. Enjoy … and try not to eat all at once! ! !

susieq9, May 11, 8:49am
Same recipe as porsh_a. Only I used 125gm melted butter and used the juice of the 2 lemons and the zest of one lemon. Very successful. Thanks to all.